Beachbody On Demand

Options
How many of you have beachbody on demand? Do you like it and use it quite a bit? I'm thinking of signing up, just not sure if it's worth it.

Replies

• mickeyt1982
    mickeyt1982 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tried it after buying the T25 DVD set. They are good if you have room and can afford some equipment. I found it a bit frustrating when suddenly you’re required to do pull-ups, for example, for which I had no equipment and didn’t want to buy kit to fit in the doorframes. To be honest I thought the T25 DVDs were the best because equipment was either not needed or was minimal and inexpensive.
  • ByFaith4Life4Christ
    Options
    I have it. I love having all the programs that I can choose from and to do it from home. Just try out the free trial and if you don’t like it you just cancel before trial ends.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I tried it after buying the T25 DVD set. They are good if you have room and can afford some equipment. I found it a bit frustrating when suddenly you’re required to do pull-ups, for example, for which I had no equipment and didn’t want to buy kit to fit in the doorframes. To be honest I thought the T25 DVDs were the best because equipment was either not needed or was minimal and inexpensive.

There are hundreds of programs to choose from on BOD. Most do not require any equipment.
  • mac11744
    mac11744 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Definitely worth it !
  • herbaltea06
    herbaltea06 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it because I’ve done the workout at home, at the gym and also in hotel rooms while on vacation.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I use it, love it. Especially enjoy the yoga workouts (a part of my training schedule that was sorely lacking).
    Also love that if my PT/class instructor is ill/away then I can take myself to the gym and have a good workout (I do to live piyo and insanity classes so do those more than any other)
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    I adore Beachbody! I lost my first 25 lbs about 4 years ago with T25. From there, I moved on to 21 Day Fix Extreme, Chalean Extreme, Hammer & Chisel, and 80 Day Obsession. I'm not starting Barre Blend this week and love it. I find their workout programs to be great cross-training for my running (I'm a half-marathoner).
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    I was looking into this, too! Question for those that have signed up. The website says you are assigned a coach. Do you HAVE to have a coach? I don’t care to have one and was worried about the MLM aspect of it all. The workout video library they offer looks good though!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I was looking into this, too! Question for those that have signed up. The website says you are assigned a coach. Do you HAVE to have a coach? I don’t care to have one and was worried about the MLM aspect of it all. The workout video library they offer looks good though!

I dont have a coach, not that I'm aware of anyway.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I had it for a while. I love the workouts, but cancelled when I realized I hardly ever use the services, AND there are tons of free workout videos on Netflix and Amazon Prime and YouTube and all sorts of other places. :)
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I keep demanding one but so far...pff, nothing.
  • seabs88
    seabs88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm also interested in trying this program. Does anyone have any suggestions for which program to try first as a beginner?
  • MsFraggleRed
    MsFraggleRed Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    firef1y72 wrote: »

I dont have a coach, not that I'm aware of anyway.

Everyone's assigned a coach, but you don't need one for the workouts. I signed up 2 years ago and have maybe e-mailed mine twice and that was just to say hello. I was worried about the "sales" side of it too, but nobody has ever asked me to buy or tried to sell me anything. I really just do it for the workouts. Love the variety. I've done ChaLEAN Extreme, 80 Day Obession, LIIFT4, Core De Force and a few other random workouts. I will do The Work when it's released for everyone in April. I don't want to pay extra for early access, not when there are so many workouts to choose from.
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I love it and the cost is pretty good. I had an extensive dvd collection but this has completely made the process of home workouts so simple. I also love that you have access to all the programs materials (nutrition guide, progress trackers, calendars...). The best part is I can easily use it anywhere. I have downloaded favourites and done them at camp, in hotels, at my parent's when visiting them. I guess I got assigned a coach but I have yet to actually talk to him and he has not approached me trying to sell me stuff.
  • nuzziek
    nuzziek Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for a few months and find the value to be fantastic. I love the yoga programs. I've been doing yoga for years, but through their instruction, have been able to correct my alignment and breathing. I found their instruction to be better than many in-person classes that I've done!

I'm currently on the last 2 days of 21 Day Fix, and can't wait to start 21 Day Fix Extreme. I've really noticed an increase in strength from 21 Day Fix, and also have noticeably more defined abs. (YES!)

I've never heard from a coach and don't think I'm even assigned to one. The Shakeology nonsense is never mentioned in any of the videos or anything.

Best thing to do is try out the free trial and decide if you like it :)