Understanding Calorie Deficit

Options
KrakenFan69
KrakenFan69 Posts: 9 Member
edited January 2020 in Food and Nutrition
OK. So I'm 50 years old. Was 230 lbs on Dec 19th. I'm currently 225 lbs. I'm doing a general Bowflex workout and alternating days of treadmill work of a Couch to 5k and doing 1 or 2 "power Walks" lasting 30 min each a day. MFP set me a calorie goal of 1950 or something that I rounded off to 2000. My calorie intake for today was 1576 and my exercise was 491 calories burned for a remaining of 915 for the day. Would this be considered a Calorie deficit? In my mind my exercise would need to outweigh my calorie intake to be in a true deficit. I have cut out all soda and cut back my constant heavily sugar laden coffees form 12 to 1-2 with less sugar in them. Beyond that I'm drinking water. IF I were to stay on this plan can I expect to lose weight? MFT tells me after I complete the dairy for the day "If every day was like this you will weigh 205 lbs in 5 weeks." Do I need to cut back further on Calories or can I truly expect to see further weight loss by following the pan I am using?

Thanks for any input,

Kraken Fan #69

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    MFP intends you to eat ALL of the calories it gives you, including all exercise calories assuming they are calculated correctly. Your calorie goal has a deficit included, and you are not intended to create a larger deficit through exercise.
  • KrakenFan69
    KrakenFan69 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You have no idea how happy that makes me. lol I'm feeling pretty good at current levels and was a bit concerned about cutting things further.

Thanks,

Kraken Fan #69