How do poor people exercise?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Presumably she has a job, since she says she can't afford gym membership, yet she can still afford to get online.

I don't know about the OP, but for me, when money got tight back in '08, my wife and I had a long hard talk about where to cut back, and keeping internet actually made more sense for us. Online bill management alone made it worthwhile. And the wealth of entertainment value inherent in just having internet makes it possible for life not to be miserably boring despite not having disposable income to go out and play around doing other crap.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    If there is a Family Video near you, they rent workout videos for free.

Good luck!
  • jenttifer
    jenttifer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Are there steps anywhere around? Just start walking up and down, walking outside, running...try to go up and down steep hills forward and backward, pushups, crunches, etc. If you have On Demand there are a lot of free workout videos on there. It's amazing what you can do for free!
  • midwesthiker
    Options
    For $9 get Jillian Michael's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. She says right in there all you need is you to get a good workout - no fancy gym membership, no fancy machines.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    $3 jump rope! jumping rope burns crazy calories and works every muscle at once.
  • healthhiro
    healthhiro Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I go to our local arena where they have signs posted "one lap around = 1/4 mile". There are lots of different people making use of the "walking track" and also running/walking the stairs. Free and friendly too! Good luck.