MFP has given me 1200 calories a day

Options
cgunter20
cgunter20 Posts: 14 Member
Hi I’m trying to lose 10kg in the next couple months, have followed these calories for 3 days now but feel slightly irritable. I’m not hungry parsay but finding it a bit of a stretch. Had 1100 today and hit even had dinner as energy felt low. Not sure if it is sugar withdrawal and I should persevere? Anyone had similar experience?

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    It takes about 2 weeks to get in to a new habit.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    What are your stats (male/female, height, current weight)? 1200 cals is fine for a moderately active someone who is 5ft tall and 100lbs, but way too low for a moderately active 6ft tall person who weights 200lbs.

I recommend you pop your stats in a TDEE calculator such as this one.
  • cgunter20
    Options
    Maybe 1100 calories just isn't enough. Perhaps 10kg in a couple of months is too aggressive. Just a thought.

I'm short and MFP gives me 1200 calories as well, but I've found that 1300 is much more doable for me. Keeps me less cranky and I still lose weight when I follow the plan.

Good luck!
    Thanks I had 1350 today and even though I went over I feel a lot better( had a really bad sleep as well due to cold) might be why I wasn’t tolerating it . :)
    I think on days I feel to low I will up to these calories
  • cgunter20
    Options
    What are your stats (male/female, height, current weight)? 1200 cals is fine for a moderately active someone who is 5ft tall and 100lbs, but way too low for a moderately active 6ft tall person who weights 200lbs.

My TDEE is 2025 calories a day so is a bit low , I’m going to see how I feel tomorrow and might up my calories to 1350 ( what I did today and feel much better for it)
  • cgunter20
    Options
    Maybe 1100 calories just isn't enough. Perhaps 10kg in a couple of months is too aggressive. Just a thought.

I'm short and MFP gives me 1200 calories as well, but I've found that 1300 is much more doable for me. Keeps me less cranky and I still lose weight when I follow the plan.

Good luck!

Good luck!

Thank you! Followed your advice and had a bit more today made me feel a lot better. Currently not doing much as studying , so might be extra focused on behaving according to MFP stats , I’m going to see how I feel tomorrow! And might continue 1350 a day .
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    cgunter20 wrote: »

My TDEE is 2025 calories a day so is a bit low , I’m going to see how I feel tomorrow and might up my calories to 1350 ( what I did today and feel much better for it)

if your TDEE is 2025, then 1525 would give you approx 1lb weight loss a week which is much more doable/less aggressive than the 1300 you mentioned (or even the 1100 which you mentioned above). Just remember, he/she who eats the most and loses weight (and keeps it off) is the winner

Yes to all of this!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options

if your TDEE is 2025, then 1525 would give you approx 1lb weight loss a week which is much more doable/less aggressive than the 1300 you mentioned (or even the 1100 which you mentioned above). Just remember, he/she who eats the most and loses weight (and keeps it off) is the winner

Yes to all of this!

Agreed, my suggestion to bump it up a little assumed you had a much lower TDEE to begin with.
  • cgunter20
    Options

Thank you, I will follow your advice :)

• netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    like others have said, if your TDEE is around 2000 I'd stick to a 500ish deficit or even less if only aiming to lose10kg - I've lost the last 10ish kg on a roughly 300-350kcal deficit to get from roughly a BMI of 27.7 to 23.8 and I'm a short (159cm) and mostly sedentary woman who maintains on 1700 or so. 1200 can be too aggressive for many - I know I tend to feel genuinely hungry if I drop that low, but don't struggle nearly as much 100-200 kcal higher