For those of you that had personal trainers, how were your r

Options
results. I have been doing this weight loss thing for about 6 months now and I've lost 26lbs. I have finally decided to get a personal trainer, I am sure if you are eating right and consistant, you get results. I just wanted to hear were you happy with your results with your trainer???

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I love my results with my trainer. I was very clear when we started that I wanted a sustainable workout program that didn't involve machines so that I could work with him for a few weeks to become independent in the weight room. It's been awesome, and I'm learning a lot about free wieght lifting that you just don't get in sculpting or BodyPump classes.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I did 10 weeks with a trainer when I first started in January and I was really happy with what he taught me. It got me off to a great start. Now I check in with him periodically and he is always motivating. I would say if you want some help and guidence to keep going, go for it!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I see the role of a trainer as being more about accountability. I did an 8 week group session in the spring and want to do it again this fall. I did see some difference in my measurements and strength and I got some great feedback on form and technique. What I didn't see though was a lot of weight loss.

80-90% of weight loss can be attributed to diet. So unless you are sticking to a healthy diet, and accountable to yourself, a trainer won't make much of a difference.
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    My PT is a total lifesaver! I got her after crying on the floor due to back pains and she showed me that due to a(n easily corrected) fault in my posture all my muscles were out of alignment so all my weight training was doing pretty much nothing but work my back. I would recommend personal training to anyone! They help you workout more efficiently so you can achieve more in a lot less time :)
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, all your feed back was very helpful!
  • clew313
    Options
    I really didn't have much luck with my personal trainer, although I'm sure you will be a success. I had this little tiny girl that really only made me run ALOT, I had her for about 2 months (2X a week)
  • determinedsocialworker
    Options
    I started with a trainer about a year ago hoping to get some motivation. What I found was that they will help you, make you accountable, teach you a TON of things, but motivation has to come from you. I am slow to get on board with most things, and actually had to switch trainers because one moved on, but I am a HUGE proponent of getting a trainer. She just taught me about maximizing my time at the gym, she goes over my food journal, gives me lots of advice/info/recipes, and she is one of my biggest cheerleaders. It's important to find someone who is a good fit for you and there is nothing wrong with trying someone else if you feel the fit isn't there. Best of luck....