Filling in food diary for the whole day first thing - easier

Options
I find it easier filling in my planned food and drink intake first thing so I'm able to stick better to my calorie intake.
Does anyone else do this? :indifferent:

4485941.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

xxxxxxxxx feel free to friend me :flowerforyou: xxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Meeee! If I have time or know I'm going out with someone for lunch/dinner I might fill it out the night before.
  • Allysonm6380
    Options
    I do this sometimes too.....maybe not my whole day but like my dinner if i already know what I'm having and it does help me to stick to it. Good luck!!!
  • ekicinsk
    ekicinsk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I usually do (most) of it for the whole week. I grocery shop once a week so all the meals are planned anyways. I obviously have to make some changes but for the most part, by sunday the week is planned and logged
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes when i know what i will be eating and when i have time :) I think it is a great way to see where you are and where you need to improve for the day!! And if you need to workout harder hehe
  • Skinnymomma11
    Options
    Yes I just did that few days ago and it really work wonders! If I had to change something, simply go back and change but mostly I follow what my plan for the day goes best!!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I do it every single morning so I know I will have a perfectly balanced day and i leave a few hundred cals in case i have an unexpected snack or something.
  • omgsaleslady
    omgsaleslady Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    heh, i sometimes do it for the whole week!
  • ValgA
    ValgA Posts: 30
    Options
    I do this on my work days. Since there's so much temptation at work, it's nice to have a diet plan to fall back on.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I do pre-track, but usually only do so when I've been off-plan for a few days, to get myself back on track.
  • vyomafit
    Options
    Sometimes. Depends on my schedule for the day. If I don't have a lot of extra time, I'll plan everything in the morning so I don't waste time figuring out what to eat later.
  • crazynay96
    Options
    I do this if I'm planning to eat out or if I'm planning to eat something specific for dinner or lunch that I want to ensure that I have allowed myself enough calories to stay within my allotment. Otherwise I am comfortable winging it and filling it in at the end of the day or sometimes I fill in before dinner and see whats left to figure out how much I need to eat for dinner. I've learned to trust my body and if I'm not hungry - I'm good and under my calories - if I'm hungry I know I haven't eaten enough!
  • biggirl1000
    biggirl1000 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    YES!! I do this daily. It helps me stick to my plan because I know exactly what I'm having and I don't have to think about it all day. Sometimes I end up making substitutions but it's so easy to go back and change at the end of the day. I do tend to have the same breakfast (Yogurt & fruit) & Lunch (salad, fruit, protein) each day. I just switch the protein around for lunches.
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    I do it almost everyday and yes, I find that it helps me stay on track better. I may have to go in and tweak it at the end of the day but I stay with what I log almost 95% of the time.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    ive been doing it for agesss now and now my diet is like this:

breakfast:
    rotates between 3 pieces raisin toast, 4 weetbix w/ skim milk and oatmeal w/ cinnamon. all with a piece of fruit.

lunch:
    pocket pita with avacado, cottage cheese, dijon mustard, sliced turkey, 1 sliced boiled egg, tomato, onion, cucumber, olives and lettuce with carrot sticks.

snack:
    rotate between 3 flavoured muesli bars (carmans w/ all natural ingredients yum as) and a piece of fruit

dinner:
    half a serving of mixed bean & rice salad.
    with either chicken and veggies, or stir fried chicken and veggies or a kidney bean and carrot patty, sometimes something else.

dessert.
    1 tub yogurt.
    1 piece 85% dark chocolate
    1-3 tablespoon walnuts or tablespoon peanut butter.
  • ktmccorkell
    ktmccorkell Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I login my supper first and then I know what I have left for breakfast and lunch. But I log my water as I drink it.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Agreed!!! I don't always know what's for every meal but I try to pre-fill it as much as possible. It also helps motivate me with exercising - like today, I know I need to burn about 500 calories in the gym to come close to even.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I swear by this. I bring food to work with me and plug in different combinations until I can get my macros where I need them to be and make adjustments as needed. I don't count calories, but my carbs, protein and fat intake instead and I need to hit specific numbers for each.
  • laspivey31768
    laspivey31768 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I totally do this! It is an excellent idea. It is so much easier to follow and I know if I need to back down during the day in order to have the dinner I want to have.
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I do that! but only up to dinner so i can see how much i have left for that meal :)
  • jmcholden
    jmcholden Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I always log my dinner before I eat my lunch. That way I know how many calories I can have for lunch and snacks.

Since I cook dinner for my whole family, it is not as flexible as my lunch.

And I like to know early in the day if I get to have a skinny cow later, so I can look forward to it!