Approaching 200 lbs was a wake up call

Options
nattalee716
nattalee716 Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2020 in Motivation and Support
Seeing that number on the scale was scary not to mention some news from the dr about high this or high that. Most of my older family members have diabetes and I don’t want to follow in their footsteps. I’m hoping I can cut back on sugar and carbs with the help of this app and track my calories as well. The struggle has been real with having two young children and a husband that’s a toothpick and can eat anything he wants! Here’s to 2020!

Replies

• schemingspuddy
    schemingspuddy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

I know the feeling, my weight crept up to 210 at my heaviest and I’m quite short too so I’m in the obese bmi category and know how scary it is when you read about all the health dangers.

I’ve been using mfp to log for a while but not the forums til recently. Hoping the forums will keep me motivated. Here’s to 2020, we can definitely do this!
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    It was for me too - in 2010 I saw 193 on the scale and went "nope", something has to change. Quit drinking regular soda, substituting French fries at restaurants with veggies, and many other small dietary changes and before I knew it I was 20lbs down. At that point I was maintaining but knew I could do better, so I started counting calories. I still follow many of those rules I set 10 years ago plus many new ones.

Today I'm in the mid 140's and I hope to never see that number again.
  • kate0003
    kate0003 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi! I could have written this myself! I have two under 2 and my husband has the ability to eat whatever he wants and still stay in shape. The weekend are always the hardest for me since he is home all day. I have been trying to meal prep as best I can so that when it does get busy I already have something ready.

Also, I was 215 when I had my second in October and now down to 183. But I still have about 60 pounds to lose! Long journey but it’s totally possible! Feel free to add me!