Looking for keto friends :)

Options
2»

Replies

• lorenamuchenje1981
    Options
    I started Keto yesterday.....so far so good i guess.....can i ask ppl to please share some of their food diaries
  • 1dbhoward1
    1dbhoward1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my first post, but was compelled to respond to a Keto Queen who was in need.
    I GET you girl and here for you!

I am a keto queen too when I set my mind to it. I have been on and off keto for over 3 years and pretty good at it. I bake keto desserts and breads for myself as well as family and friends. I sneak in food they rave about how good its tastes and are surprised they are sugar free and low carb. I welcome any and all MFP friends that are trying to maintain a low carb (20 - 40 net carb) lifetime food regiment who need help and encouragement. I add a 5-6 day 3-4 mile at 3.5 m/hr walking regiment in the winter (lives in Philly) that I couple with a low carb lifestyle. In the summer it is a 5 -6 mile 4 mi/hr regiment.

I believe that no matter what weight loss plan you to use, logging your meals is KEY and MFP is great for that.
    I had my first weight loss surgery 25 years ago losing 110 lbs. I had gained most of that back over the years but used MFP to lose the weight (15 - 25) lbs to regain a clothes size that allowed me not to buy the largest size at the store. When the scale didn't say what I want it to (150), but if can I put on my size 8 white jeans I was happy.
    At age 51, I am happy if I can squeeze my *kitten* into a pair of 10-12 jeans.

I have to admit in that last year (2019) I gained too much weight by not logging my food on MFP and not able to walk due to foot pain. I was finally given the okay to walk by my podiatrist (in October) and slowly getting back at it by walking routine. I need to lose 25 lbs by March (during the winter) so I NEED HELP!

It is 2020 when most people have weight loss as a resolution, but WE MFP users know it is an on going lifetime battle and not just something new we need to strive for. So if you are a low carb junkie and/or a walker who needs a buddy or coach, I am that girl who needs you as much as you need me, friend me here. If you are on the East Coast and can get up at 5 am (ish) for a 30-45 minute walk, friend me on MapMyWalk (jazi4me).

MVP Lifer,

dbh
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Jessyd76 wrote: »
    Hi folks! I’m starting keto as well. I put together a plan, but anyone got any good sources of info on how to do it right? Thanks!

Hi@Jessyd76 I knew you with my other screen name ...How are you? Happy New Year

Hey Megan!! I remember you! Great to see you again! I haven’t been on here much the past year or so. But coming back to MFP! 🥰