HR monitors and Sweat?!?!

Options
Sooooo I just went out and bought a 100 dollar HR monitor and I tested it when I got home and it worked fine...until I used it for the first time today at the gym....I dont know if theyre all the same but mines the one where you have to touch the metal parts and hold for a few seconds....so I tried it about 5 mins into my run and it wouldnt read my HR it just kept measuring and measuring....so I waited and got even more sweatier ( Im a major sweater) and I held the metal plates and this time it ddnt even read that my fingers were on it?!
Please dont tell me I wasted my money...has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it!

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    for 100 bucks, take it back, and buy one that has a chest strap that records your HR for the entire workout. Most peeps on here like the Polar FT4 and FT7. Both of which can be found on Amazon. I personally use the Suunto T3d, and love it. I think it is on clearance at REI still.....
  • jgkimo
    Options
    for 100 bucks, take it back, and buy one that has a chest strap that records your HR for the entire workout. Most peeps on here like the Polar FT4 and FT7. Both of which can be found on Amazon. I personally use the Suunto T3d, and love it. I think it is on clearance at REI still.....

Ditto, take it back immediately.
  • lcs1211
    lcs1211 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I would return the one you have and buy a Polar with a chest strap or any other kind with a chest strap, which monitors your heart rate continuously. I have been using mine for about 6 months and I absolutely love it.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I personally use the Suunto T3d, and love it. I think it is on clearance at REI still.....

I tried searching the REI site and got no results.. any help?? Thanks!
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I personally use the Suunto T3d, and love it. I think it is on clearance at REI still.....

I tried searching the REI site and got no results.. any help?? Thanks!

looks like it sold out. :(
  • mags2504
    Options
    absolutely take it back.I've got a ft7 polar and couldn't fault it.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    take it back!

I got a Polar FT7 that I use in the gym and ive never had problems with it