I feel like I can’t do it.

Options
I feel like I can’t lose weight I’m 5’6 250. I need a good guidance plan to lose weight through a diet. I’m doing IF 12-8 and I’m trying to eat under 1600 calories. Everything in my house is junk food so today I decided to eat chipotle but I still felt horrible and I get hungry a lot so what should I do to contain that?

Replies

• tony56pr
    tony56pr Posts: 141 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    You can do it. That said it takes work and dedication, if it were easy you (and everyone else) would have done it long ago.

To help with feeling full, eat nuts and seeds (dont go crazy 1 to 2 servings for snacks) eat more natural fat in your meals (fish, nuts, etc.) And eat more protein.

For me, most carbs (pasta, bread, potatoes, sugar and sugary snacks (cakes, candy bars etc.) Ice cream, etc. Dont keep me full and very easy for me to over eat them. So if your diet has a lot of this find alternatives (full grain whole wheat pasta is better on filling you up and sweet potatoes over time help too). I love hamburgers for instance, I actually feel fuller longer just eating hamburger patties with or without cheese along with vegetables than I do eating 3 hamburgers (way more calories in 2 hamburgers let alone 3 and I get hungry again sooner)

Another thing, if you like broccoli or other vegetables (not counting sweet peas and corn or others with lots of calories) you can make them (steamable bags are quick and easy) and eat them to give you more filling. My go to is brussel sprouts, gives me extra filler without lots of calories and helps keep me from snacking as much)

IF may not be right for you. You may do better having 2-3 meals along with 2 snacks a day.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You need to educate yourself on weight loss, discipline and learn what it takes to be successful in trying to lose weight in a healthy way. It takes work, know how, and relearning all the bad habits that got you to where you are. You even have to learn how to eat in a new way for long term success. If you do it in baby steps.. it seems easy and it is when you approach it like that. ..but in the end, anyone who has lost a lot of weight is living a completely different life.

Being on MFP is a great first step.. you can learn so much from everyone. You may also want to watch youtube videos and listen to pod casts and start learning.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Drink more water, herbal tea, coffee, 0 calorie flavored water, diet soda if you're drinking the full sugar kind now. Sometimes our body thinks it's hunger when it's actually dehydration. Also, it'll keep your stomach a little more full. Get online and search "low calorie foods" and "quick healthy dinner recipes" for ideas, then go buy the recommended food and have that on hand. Then eat that food and maybe next week you'll feel like throwing away the junk food. You'll find that the protein in two scrambled eggs (140 calories) will keep your energy up better than a plain donut (240 calories). Sometimes it's the sugar or carb food that leads you to feel miserable, and you'll feel lousy and want to comfort yourself with more food. So just keep reading up on strategies. If you feel really hungry, sometimes the best thing to do is drink something, then put on your shoes and go outside for a walk. For me, a little movement or exercise tamps down my hunger for awhile (plus when I'm walking I'm not eating.) Best of luck!