How small can I get?

Options
So, I've done this fitness thing before, got down to a size 32 waist, and then I guess I plateaued. I stayed there for a couple years, and then even stayed there for quite a while after I stopped exercising-slowly putting weight back on. Of course, I want this time to be different.

I'm curious about what will happen after I reach my first goal. I shouldn't worry too much about it now, because I haven't reached it yet, but is there a way to know what your body is capable of looking like with healthy eating and exercising (but not at an athletic level)? Anyone know of any calculators or anything that base it on, I don't know, say height and wrist size or something?

Replies

• FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    By the way, I'm not into corseting! ;)
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Im curious to know how you lost 5 inches off of your waist in a month!!!!!!!!! I would love to do whatever you did!
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Im curious to know how you lost 5 inches off of your waist in a month!!!!!!!!! I would love to do whatever you did!

Healthy eating and a combo of strength training and cardio 4-5 times a week (I use a HRM to get into my fat burning zone). However, I've been fit before, so I think my body had some memory and bounced back a little faster. Remember, everyone's different. Good luck :)
  • amberdaniels
    Options
    ME EITHER!!!!! I don't know if there is a particular "level" for our body type. I know that I am going for a size 8 pants because I don't look good in anything smaller. I am NOT a size 6 or less! I would even be comfortable with a size 10. However, I can tell you that the Marines and Army have standards for height and age requirements. Not everyone agrees with the tape test. So use your own common sense and judgement on that, but at least it is a suggestion.

Be blessed!
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options

Actually, it's not, but thanks for trying. I'm not trying to see what I'd look like, just what is physiologically possible! :)
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/

I check here to see what I might look like at curtain weights based on pics of others with the same shape and hight as I am
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's hard to say because we're all built different. I have booty, no matter what I do I have booty, without that booty I'd have another 4 inches off my hips. Someone who has all my same stats but not the booty, chances are they have a different problem. The only way to really know what your potential is that I can think of is to push your limits and see what happens. Sounds like you're doing it and being pretty smart about it, so just keep traveling.

(BTW - I really like that you're measuring inches and not pounds)
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options

(BTW - I really like that you're measuring inches and not pounds)

Thanks, in my own personal experiences with scales, weighing is never a good indication of progress.