221 lbs Down and Having Trouble.

Options
Just coming off surgery on my stomach. I was very ill before hand and so wasn't eating more than a handful of calories then, and now after the surgery I can't eat much more than that anyway and since I know that what I am eating isn't adding up anywhere close to my daily total I am finding that I'm not tracking. But by not tracking I'm also grabbing, albeit small, bites of things that I don't need. Like chips. And holiday leftovers.
Ugh.
Some new friends might motivate me and keep me honest, so lets be friends. =)

Replies

• cbc4deb
    cbc4deb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is so challenging and such a mind game!!! Stay in the battle!!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Just coming off surgery on my stomach. I was very ill before hand and so wasn't eating more than a handful of calories then, and now after the surgery I can't eat much more than that anyway and since I know that what I am eating isn't adding up anywhere close to my daily total I am finding that I'm not tracking. But by not tracking I'm also grabbing, albeit small, bites of things that I don't need. Like chips. And holiday leftovers.
    Ugh.
    Some new friends might motivate me and keep me honest, so lets be friends. =)

If you are not eating anywhere close to your calorie goal you do need chips and holiday leftovers. The first most important healthy thing you do for yourself is eat enough calories. In other words, if you are not eating enough then the higher the calorie food you do eat the better.

What is the doctor saying about all this?
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Start tracking again with a focus on protein filled foods..vee etc...
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Agree about tracking. Maybe plan a number of small meals or snacks throughout the day. Also agree about checking with your Dr.

But I think you are wise to try to stop free range eating. And tracking is the way out of that. An under appreciated aspect of tracking I think is by knowing your number and where you are in relation to it during day, you can be sure that you’re eating enough. Figure out a calorie target and have a plan to get there everyday.
  • nighthazel01
    nighthazel01 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Track even small bites, it will help once you’re recovered from surgery and start eating more. Make your food diary open to the public, it helps make you more accountable, and challenge yourself to be brutally honest with it.