I need support and I want to support you

Options
Hello! My name is Kayla. I’m 23 years old and in the worst shape of my life. I have struggled with being overweight since I can remember but it never effected my health until one day... it did. When I was 17 I expedited significant trauma that left me addicted to substances and with no self worth. As my addiction got worse, I realized it was going to kill me if I didn’t stop. So I traded drugs for food. I told myself that cookies and chocolate and ice cream weren’t going to kill me and were healthier then what I was already doing. Over the next 5 years I gained 150 pounds and was diagnosed with asthma, arthritis, sciatica, and I am now pre-diabetic. It hurts to lay down, to sit up, to stand. It hurts to move and it hurts to stay still. I spend most of my life in physical and emotional pain. I keep having small periods of healthy living, two weeks of working out and eating healthy that end in inevitable binging. But I don’t want to live like this anymore. I want to consistency show my body love and respect and I want to live a healthy life. I don’t want to be a victim of myself anymore. I’m looking for people who have similar stories and can understand what I am going through. I am looking for people to support me on this journey and to allow me to support them. Please reach out to me if any of this sounds like you.

Replies

• tterbecki
    tterbecki Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m new to this app too. You can add me if you like. I have some experience with fitness and healthy eating. The best way to start would be drink more water and try to eat at least one “healthy” meal a day. When I am trying to lose weight I start out slow. I’ll cut back on sugar then start replacing one meal at a time with healthier food. It’s hard but takes time. Maybe start going to the gym two days a week or just taking a 20-30 min walk everyday. Don’t push yourself too much at first and just work your way up. It may take longer but it is more likely to work! Good luck on this journey! You can do it!
  • rockergirl87
    rockergirl87 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've not experienced the things you have, but have had issues in my life and felt similar things as you. It's so tough getting started and sticking with a new lifestyle change when you don't necessarily have a buddy or support system to help. That's been my biggest issue too...but I'm on here making the choice to try harder, just like you, and that's a huge step in the right direction. You can do this......the biggest hurdle is getting over your fears and breaking the bad habits. Its definitely going to be worth it!!!
  • cherrylou123
    cherrylou123 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Kayla. I’m 23 years old and in the worst shape of my life. I have struggled with being overweight since I can remember but it never effected my health until one day... it did. When I was 17 I expedited significant trauma that left me addicted to substances and with no self worth. As my addiction got worse, I realized it was going to kill me if I didn’t stop. So I traded drugs for food. I told myself that cookies and chocolate and ice cream weren’t going to kill me and were healthier then what I was already doing. Over the next 5 years I gained 150 pounds and was diagnosed with asthma, arthritis, sciatica, and I am now pre-diabetic. It hurts to lay down, to sit up, to stand. It hurts to move and it hurts to stay still. I spend most of my life in physical and emotional pain. I keep having small periods of healthy living, two weeks of working out and eating healthy that end in inevitable binging. But I don’t want to live like this anymore. I want to consistency show my body love and respect and I want to live a healthy life. I don’t want to be a victim of myself anymore. I’m looking for people who have similar stories and can understand what I am going through. I am looking for people to support me on this journey and to allow me to support them. Please reach out to me if any of this sounds like you.

Diabetes can be controlled with exercise and healthy eating habits.. Don't have diabetes but my mom has and my friend has too but I was once obese. I didn't have menstruation for 15 months but after a healthy lifestyle everything change.

maybe you did the binge eating because you totally avoid the unhealthy foods and when you tried eating it again, you can't stop yourself from eating all. Instead of totally avoiding it, you can have a one day break a week (you can eat some unhealthy but not too much especially those with refined sugar) or you can eat a little of unhealthy at any time of the day when you are really craving (but again not too much.. just taste a little and walk away).

Take one step at a time pretty, think positive and keep moving forward. You can do it! hugs
  • I_am_Aaron
    I_am_Aaron Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me aswell. I'll help motivate you along your journey. I'm happy to help where I can and if I can't help I can be a friend all the same.