Looking for quick inexpensive meal plans

Options
Hi all, I'm trying to get back on the healthy eating wagon. I do best with structure, with meal plans that I can prep for the week ahead. I'm a student so I'm looking for budget-friendly meal plans that are relatively quick to prepare. I try to eat 1400-1600 calories/day. I don't have any dietary restrictions. Can anybody suggest some resources I might find helpful? TIA! :smile:

Replies

• jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't have a nutrition plan i can link to you, but 99% lean turkey burgers are a lot of bang for your buck. You can get 2 lbs, make about 8 burgers, for about $10. Put it on top of some whole wheat sugar free bread and you got 8 meals knocked out for about $13
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    It depends on your personal tastes. There’s thousands of recipe sites out there, many of them even budget conscious, low calorie. Try GOOGLE.
    Skinny taste is one of my personal favorites.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    If you really want a plan, this one is customizable to your eating preferences, cals, and macros.

https://www.eatthismuch.com/

The basic functions are free.

I can't follow someone else's eating plan so am better off creating my own (it still provides structure and I think it can be better customized to what's tastiest and easiest to you, as well as being a good learning experience), but if you aren't interested in doing that and not bothered by following someone else's plan, this could be a good option.
  • bighoopattitude
    bighoopattitude Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Frozen vegetables and spices are your best friend! The great news is frozen vegetables can be cooked a variety of ways (baked, friend, steamed, boiled, etc.) and they taste great. They also keep their nutrients even being frozen. Same goes for fruit, although fruit can be more expensive.

You can play with slices, too. Basic spices are cheap, but as you get more savvy you can experience the with good spices. I’d start with cumin, garlic salt, paprika, oregano and dill.
  • allother94
    allother94 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    YouTube it
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Make your own structure. Start with one meal at a time.

Breakfast - I just made a big batch of oatmeal in the crock pot. If that doesn't appeal, look up make ahead egg options. Greek yogurt "parfaits" are simple enough - yogurt, berries, Fiber One and chopped nuts. Assemble (measure) all the dry ingredients, place in zip-lock snack bags. Add to yogurt & berries in the a.m.

Lunch - big pots of soup. Buy some meal prep containers or freezer bags. Grill a bunch of chicken breast, and google mason jar salads. Even sandwiches, a veggie side and a piece of fruit make a simple meal.