Gimme the Skinny - August Challenge Team 21 - (closed group)

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Ok. I think we're good on the miles. I rode 44 miles this evening. 6 towns, 2 counties, and I visited my parents who live 20 miles away. Fun!

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaang that is awesome!!

I did another 3.5 miles on Sunday to add to my final total that I already sent in which gives me a nice round total of 20 miles I did running and walking.

I am going away this weekend to golf school - this is my fourth time to golf school. It's a lot of hard work and a lot of calories burned! Can't wait to start our September challenge, I have a feeling it is going to be a great month for losing weight for our team!!! Yay team!!

~share
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I am going away this weekend to golf school - this is my fourth time to golf school. It's a lot of hard work and a lot of calories burned! Can't wait to start our September challenge, I have a feeling it is going to be a great month for losing weight for our team!!! Yay team!!

~share

Boy, you are a serious golfer! Should we expect to see you on the pro tour soon?
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I pushed out another 2.25 miles for the group today. I've ended up doing 2000 crunches and about 200 jumping jacks. I hope that I have a better weigh in tomorrow, too!! SKiNNY forever!!
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Okay....44 miles! Now I feel like a real slacker! Wow! And I was going to try for another 3-4 on the treadmill tonight and during my morning walk tomorrow. Guess I do not have to now. I might anyway IF I have time.

This week is killing me. Things have been hectic since the kids went back to school and back to activities. My daughter did not even do her 3rd grade HW yesterday. Had to write a note last Monday too. She usually does it in daycare but it is to write definitions for her spelling words, all 19 of them. She does not have access to a dictionary or to the internet there. Not to mention she is just learning how to use a dictionary. I have to help her with it. But we go right to Brownies on Mondays (I am the leader) and don't get home until 9. Then dinner, showers, bedtime. I feel like a bad mommy.

I also have to take her to dance after work tomorrow night. Then Thursday, look out!!!!! Volunteer in school before work, work until 6 but have a meeting at school at 5, so have to figure that one out. Then a meeting at 6 for science fair info, and a scout leaders meeting at 7. Grocery shopping to follow. All this while trying to pack up the camper to leave Friday morning for the long weekend. AND, managing to get my daily challenges in.

So, if I am not posting as much, please forgive me. It is going to be utter chaos between now and the weekend, but it will be oh so worth it when we are lounging on the river for the weekend.

But, please feel free to kick my butt into gear if I seem to slack off.

Hang in there Karin!
    "You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think" - Christopher Robin
    and not to mention sounds like a wonderful mother!
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Karin~ WOW, I thought I was a busy mom! That is not a description of a bad mommy at all, actually a quite good one!

Kcgslp~ Love that quote!! CONGRATS on your weight loss!! I can't imagine being in the city for that hurricane, I'm in Mass and it was crazy!

Kdmallon~ Great job on the team challenge!! I'm sure your weight will totally be showing it!!

Share~ Your doing awesome! Do you golf professionally?

I can't WAIT to share with you guys our total weight losses for this challenge!!! I think a lot of us felt like it wasn't coming off every week, but when you add all the weeks up, we really did GREAT! Our team was basically cut in half with drop outs, and the remaining members TOTALLY pulled through, it was awesome.

We did...

7000 crunches (only 4000 needed!)
    112.5 miles (only 100 needed!! and to think we weren't going to make it!! thanks heofon!!!)
    5000 jj's (only needed 4000)

awesome job!!

so far we had members loose some serious weight!! If you want to know some totals, you can in-box me or email me at tagrady@gmail.com, because I don't want lurkers on other teams to see our totals!
  • mommaski4
    Options
    So, did we have to weigh in again or just take last Friday's official weight since Friday has always been my official weigh in day. See, the problem is that I was so rush Monday, I went weigh over my sodium for the day which followed Sunday where I was close to sodium (and was okay with that one). Tuesday morning the scale was up almost 3lbs. Today it is back down 2lbs but not back to where it should be. And knowing my body, tracking my weight almost daily for the last year, I know that I will not be back to regular weight until tomorrow or Friday.

So......that is my dilemma. I will do whatever I need to do. I am bummed about this. Was really hopping to have this challenge kick start a good loss for the month but it did not. Well, actually, that small loss was pretty good based on my plateau of the last 5 months.

I just upped my calories about 10 days ago (and finally had a great loss last week) but will not know until Friday if that is sustainable and will help me continue to lose. Ugh! Why will my body not let go of this fat!?!
  • mommaski4
    Options
    Hang in there Karin!
    "You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think" - Christopher Robin
    and not to mention sounds like a wonderful mother!

Thank you!
  • tagrady
    Options
    So, did we have to weigh in again or just take last Friday's official weight since Friday has always been my official weigh in day. See, the problem is that I was so rush Monday, I went weigh over my sodium for the day which followed Sunday where I was close to sodium (and was okay with that one). Tuesday morning the scale was up almost 3lbs. Today it is back down 2lbs but not back to where it should be. And knowing my body, tracking my weight almost daily for the last year, I know that I will not be back to regular weight until tomorrow or Friday.

So......that is my dilemma. I will do whatever I need to do. I am bummed about this. Was really hopping to have this challenge kick start a good loss for the month but it did not. Well, actually, that small loss was pretty good based on my plateau of the last 5 months.

I just upped my calories about 10 days ago (and finally had a great loss last week) but will not know until Friday if that is sustainable and will help me continue to lose. Ugh! Why will my body not let go of this fat!?!

We're supposed to do a final weigh in this morning & report that. So if you lost 2 more lbs, by all means let me know!!!

Trying not to be totally bummed today, although i'm really bummed. My husband was going for a job that would have been awesome both financially and schedule wise with the kids. I'm really proud of him becasue he did get offered a job at the company, but the pay and hrs aren't what we wanted.
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options

I'm sorry you're having a frustrating month, but it still looks to me like you've lost some and I have to say, I bet you are looking a LOT more toned. Most of these challenge exercises we've been doing are more strength-type exercises, and so I know for me the chief benefit has been in how I look/feel, rather than in what the scale shows. I have a feeling if you were to measure your body fat% before August and today, you'd be very encouraged about how far you've actually come. Hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Trying not to be totally bummed today, although i'm really bummed. My husband was going for a job that would have been awesome both financially and schedule wise with the kids. I'm really proud of him becasue he did get offered a job at the company, but the pay and hrs aren't what we wanted.

I'm sorry to hear that. :frown: I bet before long he'll end up finding something that's even better than what you were hoping for here. Opportunity has a way of sneaking up on us, you know. :wink:
  • sharesb
    Options

Share~ Your doing awesome! Do you golf professionally?

no not a professional by any means! I started golfing about five years ago because my husband is an addict! I figured if I wanted to spend time with him, I better learn how to golf. Surprisingly, I liked it. Which is odd because I am probably like the most impatient person in the world lol...

the greatest thing about golf is that because we live in Canada where it is winter five/six months of the year, we always get to go on a winter vacation somewhere warm for a couple weeks just so my husband can feed his golfing addiction lol...

i am pretty good at it though and at tournaments I usually always win "women's longest drive" :blushing:

We did...

7000 crunches (only 4000 needed!)
    112.5 miles (only 100 needed!! and to think we weren't going to make it!! thanks heofon!!!)
    5000 jj's (only needed 4000)

AWESOME!!!! Our team is rocking those pounds off!!! You are all so inspirational !! So glad I found this group!!

(hugs) sorry to hear he didn't get the job he wanted...I am one of those people who believes everything happens for a reason, hang in there, I bet something comes along soon that benefits you all!

Have a happy Wednesday everyone!! xox ♥
  • mommaski4
    Options
    We're supposed to do a final weigh in this morning & report that. So if you lost 2 more lbs, by all means let me know!!!

Sigh :grumble: :grumble: No, I didn't lose more. I gained three yesterday from sodium Sunday and Monday. I am down two of those three but still up 1 from my lowest weight on my 'weigh in' day of Fridays. I try to plan any increased sodium for the weekends so the scale still likes me by Friday morning.

That means I have to log a 1lb gain today. That really stinks:cry::sad: :sad: :cry: So my big whopping weight loss was a mere 1.5lbs for the month. Well...a lot of help that is for the team! blah!

I am sorry to hear that. But like Share, I too think things happen for a reason and the right job will come along soon!
    I'm sorry you're having a frustrating month, but it still looks to me like you've lost some and I have to say, I bet you are looking a LOT more toned. Most of these challenge exercises we've been doing are more strength-type exercises, and so I know for me the chief benefit has been in how I look/feel, rather than in what the scale shows. I have a feeling if you were to measure your body fat% before August and today, you'd be very encouraged about how far you've actually come. Hang in there!

Thanks. I know I am getting stronger. Heck, I can do 200 jumping jacks straight now! But I still HATE those burpees. But today I am just not feeling it. I do measurements but sometimes they discourage me too because I can never remember exactly WHERE I measured and sometimes it shows an increase, like the last measurements I did this weekend. My guess is I just chose the wrong placement for the measuring tape because my clothes are still fititing better. Yeah, I am a slow loser. I realized that a long time ago. At least this time I have not given up when the scale stopped it's regular march downward. I will continue to work at this. To me, it is a lifestyle change. I want to live a healthier life. I want to feel healthier, I want to be a good model for my two younger children, especially now that one of them is a girl, and my clone. I worry that she is going to gain weight and I do not want that for her. So, I will keep on keeping on!
  • heofon
    heofon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Karin,

All I see is that you lost 34 pounds! You rock! Don't worry about setbacks. A setback is just a setup for a comeback! Watch you do it! :smile:
  • tagrady
    Options
    OK team, I can't wait to announce how good we did in August!!!!!!!!!!! I just sent all point totals over to Gary, I hope he announces the results soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I just have to share one thing, because I'm really proud of how much weight we lost. Combined as a team we lost 89 lbs in one month!!!!!!

Goodbye August, it was nice knowing you! So glad to be 8lbs lighter, much stronger, and ready to hit sept hard!

U2fergus sent me her after pictures, but I also got before pics from Szczepj and Kcgslp so if you guys could send me after pics too!

Tracy
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow!! 89 lbs is like a 3rd or 4th grader!! As a team, we managed to lose a child!! :)

GREAT job everyone!!

I think we should aim for losing a horse racing jockey (~105lb) in September!! haha!
  • mommaski4
    Options
    89 lbs is awesome! It is actually my 14 year old (yeah, he is super skinny, built like his daddy). Hopefully my body will decide that it is ready to contribute more towards the team and start a downward trend going.
  • sharesb
    Options
    wow 89lbs...of unwanted FAT...GONE! See ya! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

lol

Congrats everyone!! I didn't take before photos as I came into this group a week late into the challenge but I will make sure to take a photo today for our September one!

I am off to golf school in an hour and a half....will check in with my blackberry. Unfortunately with my blackberry, it doesn't let me comment on posts. Not sure about the message boards - we shall find out!

Have a great weekend everyone! Mine starts.....very shortly.... :happy:
  • tagrady
    Options
    I can't believe how awesome you guys did, we came in 5th place!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( re-arranged Gary's list according to points!)

Team Captain Score Weight Lost #1 Loser Amount Lost
    Weapons of Mass Reduction Gary6030 1018 129 SuzMac 15
    the exercists wvualum 1005 82.1 wvualum gwynnehamer 10
    Itsbigjoesgal itsbigjoesgal 995 106.8 RachelJE 14.2
    Persistent Determination sonybalony 942 55.7 megansmom311 12
    Gimme the skinny tagrady 889 89.2 szcepj 11.5
    Fab to Flab msmonique 851 130.3 irisT9975 18.2
    Curvettes JRena225 846 146.9 SWEETSAPPHIRE85 10
    JULESEYBABY JULESEYBABY 797 91.1 Gary1977 17.8
    FUM Jade39 783 87
    Drop it cause we're hot Sass30 762 87.2 Rickybobby07 21
    Perseverance Lori_menorahlover 676 102.6 rjsewell 9