Bad Hips?

Options
Does anyone else get really sore hips after using a stationary bike? I’m talking like it hurts a lot just to take a couple steps after getting off...

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Hurt as in joint pain or sore? I'm assuming you're meaning pain - that's something you should get checked out by a doctor.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Is gait and mobility ok, pain free? Maybe you are doing too much to hard or fast. I don't know. I don't do stationary bikes. I do know about bad hips and getting checked out and issues addressed. I tried (badly) living with painful mobility for years prior to deciding finally enough's enough. I saw a surgeon and got hip replacements in 2019. My delay was a life wrecker!! My surgeries were a life changer!!! Suffer being a fool if it's nothing! Go get yourself checked out!!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    How long does the pain and difficulty walking last? A few steps or hours/days?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    If its uncomfortable for periods you can't tolerate the pain after getting off, it might be a good idea to find an alternative you enjoy as much or more.
  • kmotyka1604
    kmotyka1604 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It’s only just a few steps after getting off.. I notice the pain a little bit when doing fire hydrants as well. I should also mention that I’m only 21, so hopefully not hip replacements for me just yet lol
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    If it’s just a few steps, I wouldn’t worry too much. Likely that a nerve is compressed while seating on the @! seat and needs a few seconds to release.

PS Also make sure the seat is adjusted correctly for your height.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    It’s only just a few steps after getting off.. I notice the pain a little bit when doing fire hydrants as well. I should also mention that I’m only 21, so hopefully not hip replacements for me just yet lol

Be it 21 or 61, there's nothing like being certain by way of getting checked out. I didn't because I was stubborn and foolish which cost me several years of quality living until I finally broke that down and got things addressed last year. As you move on through your life just keep this mind and don't be the dope I was for so long. Happy trails!!