Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge: 8-week challenge (January 17th - March 15th)

Options
Maalea
Maalea Posts: 16,136 Member

Looking for a fun challenge to start into the new year? Join us at Hogwarts to help get in shape and work towards your weight loss goals! Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is approaching its 28th term, and we're opening up the application to anyone would like to apply. :)

Term 28 Information
  • Term 28 will be a 8-week term themed around Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
  • The term will run from Friday, January 17th (with starting weigh-in beginning that Friday and the full activities beginning on Monday) through Sunday, March 15th.
  • Owls with the acceptance or wait list notification should go out on Sunday, January 12th through Monday, January 13th (and should be received by the end of Monday, January 13th).
  • If you do NOT join by 11:59 pm ET on Wednesday, January 15th or respond to the prefect that PM'd, then your spot will be given to someone on the wait list. So make sure to respond to your acceptance PM to hold your space.

General Information
  • We have a variety of challenges including food/dietary challenges (Potions), trivia (Defense Against the Dark Arts), and physical challenges (Quidditch), in addition to special challenges to match the theme. Some are mandatory, some optional. You can see an example for a mandatory weekly challenge below.
  • We also have a weekly weigh-in every Friday through Sunday.
  • We require a certain amount of participation each week and you may be expelled for missing too many challenges without giving appropriate notification to your prefect.

Example for the weekly Classroom Challenge (mandatory):
fHBQnPH.gif

After Ron and Harry rescue Hermione, they become best friends. This is a good thing for Harry, as his first Quidditch match includes a hexed broom and a highly unusual way of catching the Snitch!
[/center]
orn_divider.png

Quidditch

Harry’s first Quidditch match becomes extremely challenging when he is nearly bucked off his hexed broom.

Stay on your broom! Keep your balance and try something that’s difficult for you.

Scoring (possible 4 points):
orn_divider.png

Potions
Professor Snape has been acting strangely, and Harry sees that he’s been bitten by Fluffy.

For this challenge, we want you to take care of your health. You never know when you’ll be bitten by a three-headed dog!

Scoring (possible 4 points):
  • 2 points: Meet a macronutrient goal (protein, fat, or carbs) for three days this week. (Days do not need to be consecutive.) Let us know what goal you met.
  • 1 bonus point: Meet a macro goal for an additional two days this week. (This can be the same macronutrient for a total of 5 days, or it can be the first macro for three days and a second one for two days. You must complete the original task to be eligible to earn this point.) Let us know what goal you met.
  • 1 bonus point: Meet a micronutrient goal for two days this week. (eg. Meet/stay under on your sodium or meet/exceed your iron goal.) Let us know what goal you met.
orn_divider.png

Defense Against the Dark Arts
For our new students - Do NOT post answers in this thread - please PM the answers to your prefects and they will let you know if you are correct (or tell you to guess again). Once you have been told your answer is correct, please post in this thread that you got the correct answer. (Ex: SLYTHERIN, DADA correct for 2 points)

1) How does Harry catch the Snitch and win his first Quidditch match?
2) When talking about Fluffy and what Fluffy is guarding, Hagrid mentions that the item concerns Dumbledore and another person. What is the name of that other person?

This will earn you 2 points.

The admin team for this challenge is made up entirely of volunteers. We give hours of our time each week because we love Harry Potter and are also working towards a healthy lifestyle. It really helps us out if it's easy to get in contact with you (email is easiest these days), and we would appreciate a commitment to the eight weeks of this term. We know that emergencies and unexpected events can occur, but please only apply if you believe you will be able to commit to being part of the challenge from January 17th through to March 15th!

You may contact @fitphoenix or @Maalea (Hogwarts Deputy Headmistresses) to confirm that your application was received. (Make sure to send us a friend request first, or we won't see your PM.)

The earlier you apply, the better chance you have of getting in. We hope to see you at Platform 9 3/4!

Sincerely,
Fitphoenix & Maalea
(Deputy Headmistresses)

Replies

• fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    Really looking forward to the new term starting!
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Looking forward to the new challenge! :smile:
  • SlytherinSnakeQueen
    SlytherinSnakeQueen Posts: 148 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    This looks fun. Application submitted!
  • Maalea
    Options
    This looks fun. Application submitted!

Welcome! :)
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,256 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to get the kick in the pants that I seriously need after xmas !!
  • Curvykinkycurls
    Curvykinkycurls Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I've sent off my application for the new term! Really hoping to join team Hogwarts and get motivated to move much more in 2020!
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    This sounds fun! I will join.
  • Maalea
    Options
    :)
  • CharmingPassion
    CharmingPassion Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    This looks like way to much fun so I am in
  • clou_smith
    clou_smith Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I got an HP letter kit for christmas...I've been writing letters to people with random acceptance funnies. Saw this challenge and really hope I get mine too :smiley:
  • jennbrock522
    jennbrock522 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This looks amazing and well orchestrated! I am eagerly awaiting my owl! o:)
  • Maalea
    Options
    Only a few days left to apply!
  • orngflipflop
    orngflipflop Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Males how can I tell if my app has been received and accepted
  • DJBO65
    DJBO65 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, i have sent a PM, to join the group :)
  • Maalea
    Options
    Males how can I tell if my app has been received and accepted
    Your application went through! :)

DJBO65 wrote: »
    Hi, i have sent a PM, to join the group :)
    I just sent you a message - you application didn't get to us, please follow the link to the Google form (in my message or in the top post here) and try again.

• Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this. I sent in my google form application and my request to join the group. I am now waiting patiently and hopefully for an owl.
  • DJBO65
    DJBO65 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi have you received my application?
  • Maalea
    Options
    @Knyvern and @DJBO65 - yes, your applications went through! :)
  • tinabambina29
    tinabambina29 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Just sent my application :)