Grandma looking for a friend to lose 50 lbs with

Options
I've been around the weight loss block WAY TOO MANY times! Decades in fact! A few years back I announced I was tired of the weight loss roller coaster and GIVING UP! I tried to tell myself that since I was in my 60's, that I was closer to the grave than a bikini body so I just gave up trying and caring. Well that got me an additional 30 lbs and some days I really do want to die! This is not the life I want to live or was meant to live! I need to take back my life one day at a time. I hope I can find some friends who understand and can share this journey with me. 2020 has to be the year I do this!! My husband is retiring next year and I want to be able to go for a hike and do things that my fat body prohibits me from doing now! My goal is to lose 50 lbs or 1 lb a week for a year. Any other grandma's out there?

Replies

• PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    No, not a grandma, but I'm almost 60, been around the weight loss block a few times, and looking to lose about 50 lb. or so. Good luck to you: You can do it!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I’m 67 and here everyday for mutual support!
  • risenred
    risenred Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and in the same boat. Want to be more active to enjoy my retirement years coming up