Diabetic meal planning

Options
janet3860
janet3860 Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2020 in Food and Nutrition
I am 59 yo, about 10 lbs overweight. Last month I found that I have a stress fracture of my tibia.., in the diagnosis process I found out I have diabetes, non insulin dependent. I joined my fitness pal to help track my food. I don’t eat candy or sweets. But everything seems to have sugar!! My daily sugar intake should be 22 grams or less. It seems my breakfast throws me over everyday unless I eat an egg. Any suggestions?

Replies

• jc4meandu
    jc4meandu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 and I eat 2 eggs scrambled with coconut oil 3 strips turkey bacon low sodium and 1/2 cup 1% milk. 1 perce of whole grain bread double fiber nature’s own brand. 11 carbs minus the fiber =7 carbs and I put peanut butter on it no stir Kroger brand peanut butter all it has is peanuts and salt. I don’t eat bread really at all anymore no cokes only water and occasional milk. I went from 7.2 to 5.4 in three months I have lost 63 pounds and need to lose another 80 lbs but it changed my life. Really for the good what’s your glucose numbers?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Chicken, fish, pork, eggs, cheese, yogurt, fish, leafy greens,
  • cutsouth
    cutsouth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My endocrinologist told me to aim for 100 total grams of carbs and just under 1400 cal a day. I reset the marconutrient settings for the day to reflect that. Carbs are everywhere! 😉...so having this control is great!