UK clothes sizes

Options
Why don't they make odd number sizes? Grrr! :grumble:
Seriously, I am "inbetween" sizes at the moment. One is too big the next size down is too small, why can't there be something inbetween!

I want to be a size 13 lol :laugh:

Forgot to mention, I have a long way to go before I need a size 13! Maybe one will be invented by then!

Replies

• Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    haha i know that feeling very well! especially with trousers! xxx
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Asda do in jeans or they did
  • ItsMeLori
    Options
    Size 13 is in the junior section... you can be :wink:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i HATE that!!! i was stuck between a 10 and a 12 for ages, especially for trousers, so annoying!!! and now the same thing is happening with tops as my boobs have completely disappeared so i am between an 8 and a 10!!
  • evesacks
    evesacks Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Actually there is a HUGE variation by shops, some more generous than others eg M&S a 12 more like 13 (or even 14).

I know I am now an 8 (34 hips, 26 waist) yet M&S 8 trousers too loose. Next 8 fits nicely and in designer clothes I need a 10.
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    UK size 6 for tops and 8-10 for pants!!! very annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    This could be a post about US sizes. We have the exact same issues.
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    I'm from the US, but I do love some of the clothes from stores like Top Shop and others, so I do shop online occasionally. My size varies anywhere from 6-10

but here in the US my size varies from (sometimes even) 1- 5... so I really think it depends on the store. I find that the stores where I fit into the smaller clothes, the rest of their clothes run big as well, and the ones where I fit in the larger always seem to make everything for really tiny people... Like abercrombie and fitch, Express, or the Gap!
  • Mitchlou84
    Options
    Try George at Asda! Bit cheap I know but great for dieting jeans as they do the inbetween sizes!

I havew a pair of UK 13 that I have been trying on most weeks as a mini goal. I will want to lose more once I get there but not heaps and heaps!

They still don't fit, but got them up with control pants on the other day so hopefully not a million miles away!