Hi from Texas

Options
I am a 55 year old grandmother of 3, wife, mother, daughter, granddaughter, friend, employee, neighbor. I am very active, I have been working with a trainer at my local gym for 1 1/2 years. I am diabetic, blood sugar is never regulated. I've been very frustrated in trying to loose weight. As active as I am I cannot loose a pound, medication doesn't help the issue. I love to swim, ride horses, weight train, step aerobic exercise, love family, love camping, reading, love the beach, and I have my very own Harley Davidson. Yes I am a Harley Mamma as well. Work and grandbabies keep me very busy. My hair dresser gave me this website so I thought I'd try it, I don't have anything to loose but pounds! I've been happily married for 37 years. Send me a note if you're interested in being friends on this weight loss journey together.

Replies

• LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You'll love it here!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    If you are with a trainer for 1.5 years and haven't lost any weight...either you have to correct your diet (eating is 60-70% of the results) or get your heart rate up to burn extra calories. If you are maintaining your weight then you are eating back the number of calories that you are expending daily.

Also WHAT you eating is critical. Make sure you log EVERYTHING you eat and see where your deficits lie.

Good luck on your journey.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    If you are with a trainer for 1.5 years and haven't lost any weight...either you have to correct your diet (eating is 60-70% of the results) or get your heart rate up to burn extra calories. If you are maintaining your weight then you are eating back the number of calories that you are expending daily.

Also WHAT you eating is critical. Make sure you log EVERYTHING you eat and see where your deficits lie.

Good luck on your journey.

Or a hormone issue. Thyroid problems suck. I'd rule that out, too.
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Welcome fellow Texas Girl! I'm sending you a friend request.

Yvonne :flowerforyou:
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place! Good luck on your journey
  • LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Welcome from another Texas girl. Sending a friend request.