My first day of 30ds

Options
Wowwee.
I'm pooped!
This is going to be a great workout for me :)
I thought September 1st would be a great time to start

Replies

• holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i just started too. i am trying to add this to my turbo fire. but i started yesterday because i thought it was the 1st!
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    im starting 30ds today too! good luck!
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good luck stick at it im sure you will love the results :D
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I started today too. My legs feel like jello LOL but I sneezed and actually felt it in my abs!
    I am so amazed that I got up first thing this am and DID IT! WE DID IT! lol I don't even recognize myself. And in 30 days, nobody else will either
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    does anyone know what size weights they are using in the videos?
    I have 5lb dumbbells at here, but they were waaayyyy to heavy for some of the moves.
  • holly_v
    Options
    i also have 5lbs. i tried doing this before a couple years ago. i just did half with the 5lbs and half without... i have also tried substituting resistance bands.
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have 5lb dumbbells at here, but they were waaayyyy to heavy for some of the moves.

I think they use 3 pound weights. That's what I started with.
  • wickedcricket
    Options
    If this works and doesn't kill me, I'm going to do it November, February, April & June - months that have 30 days (cept feb, almost but it's winter & boring) and also before/around the holidays (summer)
  • Bella0608
    Options

I started with 3lb weights and moved up to 5lbs on my 2nd round :)
  • StephieU
    Options
    What is 30ds? A video and diet plan?
  • crystaltide44
    crystaltide44 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's 30 Day Shred - a 20 minute workout dvd from Jillian Michaels. There are 3 levels, too, so you can increase your intensity over time.
  • sjgreathouse
    Options
    ok how is everyone logging there workouts on here??
  • wickedcricket
    Options
    I forgot to wear my HRM (lol) so I logged it as general circuit training. I'll see what the HRM says tomorrow. I'm logging it, just to be accountable; not eating the cals back (maybe 100 or so, depends how weight loss goes)
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am planning to start tonight too! (again - last time did it for 27 days then my business travel got overwhelming)!
  • holly_v
    Options

Heart rate monitor - its a life saver! :bigsmile:
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options

which hrm do you have? I'm looking to get one soon
  • sjgreathouse
    Options
    I forgot to wear my HRM (lol) so I logged it as general circuit training. I'll see what the HRM says tomorrow. I'm logging it, just to be accountable; not eating the cals back (maybe 100 or so, depends how weight loss goes)

are they saying logging it as circuit training is not the proper way of logging it???
  • sjgreathouse
    Options

I was looking at heart rate monitors, and I see they can be rather pricey so which one do you have and how much??
  • Bella0608
    Options

I was looking at heart rate monitors, and I see they can be rather pricey so which one do you have and how much??

I have the polar ft4 which was recommended to me and it has a chest strap which I was told gives you a more accurate calorie burn I love it :)
  • sjgreathouse
    Options

I have the polar ft4 which was recommended to me and it has a chest strap which I was told gives you a more accurate calorie burn I love it :)

well I got to looking and I will have to do some serious thinking about it, it 60+ online!!