Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My first day of 30ds

Wowwee.
I'm pooped!
This is going to be a great workout for me :)
I thought September 1st would be a great time to start

Replies

• holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    i just started too. i am trying to add this to my turbo fire. but i started yesterday because i thought it was the 1st!
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    im starting 30ds today too! good luck!
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Good luck stick at it im sure you will love the results :D
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    I started today too. My legs feel like jello LOL but I sneezed and actually felt it in my abs!
    I am so amazed that I got up first thing this am and DID IT! WE DID IT! lol I don't even recognize myself. And in 30 days, nobody else will either
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    does anyone know what size weights they are using in the videos?
    I have 5lb dumbbells at here, but they were waaayyyy to heavy for some of the moves.
  • holly_v
    i also have 5lbs. i tried doing this before a couple years ago. i just did half with the 5lbs and half without... i have also tried substituting resistance bands.
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    I have 5lb dumbbells at here, but they were waaayyyy to heavy for some of the moves.

I think they use 3 pound weights. That's what I started with.
  • wickedcricket
    If this works and doesn't kill me, I'm going to do it November, February, April & June - months that have 30 days (cept feb, almost but it's winter & boring) and also before/around the holidays (summer)
  • Bella0608

I started with 3lb weights and moved up to 5lbs on my 2nd round :)
  • What is 30ds? A video and diet plan?
  • crystaltide44
    crystaltide44 Posts: 5 Member
    It's 30 Day Shred - a 20 minute workout dvd from Jillian Michaels. There are 3 levels, too, so you can increase your intensity over time.
  • ok how is everyone logging there workouts on here??
  • wickedcricket
    I forgot to wear my HRM (lol) so I logged it as general circuit training. I'll see what the HRM says tomorrow. I'm logging it, just to be accountable; not eating the cals back (maybe 100 or so, depends how weight loss goes)
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    I am planning to start tonight too! (again - last time did it for 27 days then my business travel got overwhelming)!
  • holly_v
    ok how is everyone logging there workouts on here??

Heart rate monitor - its a life saver! :bigsmile:
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member

which hrm do you have? I'm looking to get one soon
  • I forgot to wear my HRM (lol) so I logged it as general circuit training. I'll see what the HRM says tomorrow. I'm logging it, just to be accountable; not eating the cals back (maybe 100 or so, depends how weight loss goes)

are they saying logging it as circuit training is not the proper way of logging it???

I was looking at heart rate monitors, and I see they can be rather pricey so which one do you have and how much??
  • Bella0608

I was looking at heart rate monitors, and I see they can be rather pricey so which one do you have and how much??

I have the polar ft4 which was recommended to me and it has a chest strap which I was told gives you a more accurate calorie burn I love it :)

I have the polar ft4 which was recommended to me and it has a chest strap which I was told gives you a more accurate calorie burn I love it :)

well I got to looking and I will have to do some serious thinking about it, it 60+ online!!