need recipes

Options
I am looking for some dinner recipes,that are healthy. I do not do sea food! I know everyone thinks thats nuts,but i just dont really like any of it! I would really love some new recipes for chicken or turkey or whatever you would like to share! T I A!

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for dinner ideas.....

one I did last night was simple.........chicken breast and salsa...in aluminum foil....pop in the oven.....YUM!!
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    sparkrecipies.com is normally where I find all mine!
  • PecanTanDiva
    Options
    I usually go to skinnytaste.com ... They have all kinds of recipes and it gives you the nutrition amounts as well.
  • lauraleenaft
    Options
    I'm always up for dinner ideas.....

one I did last night was simple.........chicken breast and salsa...in aluminum foil....pop in the oven.....YUM!!

i have done this,it is really good. and the chicken is sooo tender! only i just put mine in the crock pot with a jar of salsa
  • lauraleenaft
    Options
    sparkrecipies.com is normally where I find all mine!

thanks i will check it out :)
  • lauraleenaft
    Options
    I usually go to skinnytaste.com ... They have all kinds of recipes and it gives you the nutrition amounts as well.

i will look into it! thanks :)
  • marialynnporter
    marialynnporter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    SAUTEED CHICKEN BREATS WITH CREAMY CHIVE SAUCE:
    SERVES: 4 COOKING TIME: 20 min.

* 4 Chicken breast ( Boneless, skinless and trimmed fat)
    * 1 teaspoon salt ( divided)
    * 1/4 cup whole wheat flower
    * 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil ( divided)
    * 2 large shallots ( finely chopped)
    * 1 tablespoon whole wheat flower
    * 1/2 cup dry white wine
    * 14 ounces reduced- sodium chicken broth
    * 1/3 cup reduced- fat sour cream
    * 1 tablespoon digon mustard
    * 1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped ( about 1 bunch)
    - Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap and pound until flat to an even thickness about 1/2 inch.
    - Season both sides of the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
    - place 1/4 cup flour in shallow dish and dredge chicken in it.
    - Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, 1-2 minutes per side. (Transfer to plate, cover to keep warm.
    - Heat the remaining 1 teapsoon oil in the pan. Add shallots and cook stirring constantly and scraping up any brown bits, until golden brown 1-2 min. sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon flour, stir to coat.
    - Add wine, broth and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, bring to a boil, stiring often.
    - Return the chicken and any accumuiated juices to the pan, reduce to a simmer. cook till heated through, 6 min. stir in sour cream and mustard until smooth. coat chicken. stire in chives.
    - Then serve. :) I hope you like.
    Calories- 244 per serving.
  • Honeyjar66
    Options
    bump
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    2 more good sites...

eatingwell.com
    tastykitchen.com
  • lauraleenaft
    Options
    SAUTEED CHICKEN BREATS WITH CREAMY CHIVE SAUCE:
    SERVES: 4 COOKING TIME: 20 min.

* 4 Chicken breast ( Boneless, skinless and trimmed fat)
    * 1 teaspoon salt ( divided)
    * 1/4 cup whole wheat flower
    * 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil ( divided)
    * 2 large shallots ( finely chopped)
    * 1 tablespoon whole wheat flower
    * 1/2 cup dry white wine
    * 14 ounces reduced- sodium chicken broth
    * 1/3 cup reduced- fat sour cream
    * 1 tablespoon digon mustard
    * 1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped ( about 1 bunch)
    - Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap and pound until flat to an even thickness about 1/2 inch.
    - Season both sides of the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
    - place 1/4 cup flour in shallow dish and dredge chicken in it.
    - Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, 1-2 minutes per side. (Transfer to plate, cover to keep warm.
    - Heat the remaining 1 teapsoon oil in the pan. Add shallots and cook stirring constantly and scraping up any brown bits, until golden brown 1-2 min. sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon flour, stir to coat.
    - Add wine, broth and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, bring to a boil, stiring often.
    - Return the chicken and any accumuiated juices to the pan, reduce to a simmer. cook till heated through, 6 min. stir in sour cream and mustard until smooth. coat chicken. stire in chives.
    - Then serve. :) I hope you like.
    Calories- 244 per serving.

oh my gosh this sounds awesome!
  • lauraleenaft
    Options
    2 more good sites...

eatingwell.com
    tastykitchen.com

i will check these out as well :)
  • marialynnporter
    marialynnporter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love cooking and my boyfriend is really picky so I have tons of recipes even for picky eaters. He would not try the recipe I gave you. I think you like it. Plus I can ear seafood so I eat lots of chicken.