Alli?

Options
Hello Everyone,
I have been a member and dieter 3 weeks now. I have lost 7lbs. I am on a 1200 calorie diet and walking 3 miles a day. My weight is 204 now and my goal is 130. I have read allot of good reviews on Alli? I read all the information on there site and have ordered a starter kit. Have any of you tried this product? How was the results for you?

Thanks so much for your help!:smile:

Replies

• Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    If you don't mind uncontrollably sh*tting yourself...go for it. I've never used Alli, but I've heard terrible, awful things about it.
  • MrsAmySchoener
    Options
    Hello! Alli is okay to use, but it will not help you lose a ton of weight... According to the program we will lose an avg. of 12 lbs per year. I used the perscription version years ago and I lost 12 llbs the first 3 months, but it didn't help much after that. The pill helps you eat less fatty foods becasue the result if you eat a lot of fat is an oily discharge. I wore a panty liner when I took it for accidents! It helps you think before you eat :) I don't know if that helps, but I thought I would give you my experience. Good luck with your goals!!:smile:
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind uncontrollably sh*tting yourself...go for it. I've never used Alli, but I've heard terrible, awful things about it.

thats exactly what happened to a friend of mine, said it was so bad she could not go out!!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    so my bestie got HORRIBLE pains (cramps) and had shats at all sorts of pleasantly random times and farts she definitely could never trust and she spent a lot of money to get all that awesomeness in one box.
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yes, I used it for the first 4 months of my weightloss and then I stopped. This is the only drug that i have used. I had no problems or side effects and I work at least 10 hours a day. If you eat right ( no more than 30 grams of fat) then you are good.
  • tmwillit
    Options
    The side affect of 'anal leakage' is a real thing. My frined used it and said that happened often.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    A co-worker used it and complained of um, leaking. She said it was horrible.
  • thinagain2011
    thinagain2011 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was on Alli for a year and a half and lost 80lbs. As for the side affects? You just have to watch what you eat...simply as that. I never had any "accidents", just very minor symptoms when I slipped up and ate something I knew I shouldnt. I would totally recommend it. When I was completely dedicated to a healthy diet and exercise program, it worked wonders. Hope this helps.
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    Sounds like a good time :noway:
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I thought about using it once a few years back to get things going quicker. But than I read all the crappy reviews and decided that it was just money flushed down the toilet.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I thought about using it once a few years back to get things going quicker. But than I read all the crappy reviews and decided that it was just money flushed down the toilet.

ahahaha, "crappy" reviews "flushed down the toilet"
    Options
    I've tried it, and didn't find it very useful. I think if your problem area is that you take in too much fatty foods, it could help you to block a few extra calories - if your a carbs girl, the Alli won't help much. And yes, it can cause you to leak a liquid that looks like the oil on the top of a pizza! (Don't wear any white pants for a while!)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I have not tried it. I have a friend who tried it. She told me, and I quote, "Never trust your farts."
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    If you dont mind sh!tting yourself then use it!!!!
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Not unless you want to walk around wearing a diaper all day everyday, I would say HELL NO to Alli!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I have been a member and dieter 3 weeks now. I have lost 7lbs. I am on a 1200 calorie diet and walking 3 miles a day. My weight is 204 now and my goal is 130. I have read allot of good reviews on Alli? I read all the information on there site and have ordered a starter kit. Have any of you tried this product? How was the results for you?

Thanks so much for your help!:smile:

2 pounds a week is recommended weight loss - so you're already doing better than that!

I would just keep doing what you're doing and keep making improvements to your diet and exercise and you will keep losing without the worry of pooping yourself.

:flowerforyou:
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    So, when I read about these side effects all I can think about is what about when your having sex? There is all kinds of muscle contractions going on and, you know.... what then?
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    The best way is to work hard and eat as clean as possible.... anything else is a waste of time!!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    So, when I read about these side effects all I can think about is what about when your having sex? There is all kinds of muscle contractions going on and, you know.... what then?

This! I always wonder this!