Motivating others............

Options
I see the people at my job more then anyone else in my life. Of course they see the changes in my body and one lady inparticular keeps commenting on how different I look. She asked me one night after work if I have any tips for things she can do at home to workout. I told her a few things to do that are easy on your body because I wasn't sure what she was capable of doing and didn't want her to hurt herself. It's been about a month and she came to me yesterday and thanked me for my tips, she has lost 8 lbs so far!! I was thrilled for her, and it made me feel great knowing I could help motivate someone else to lose weight and feel good about themselves :smile:

Replies

• bltmgray
    bltmgray Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job!
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    YAY
  • megan4487
    megan4487 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    thats awesome. I feel the same way. People are asking me what I am doing, and it is nice to know you are helping someone else!!! Good job keep up the good work
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I've had a similar experience both at work and also on Facebook (my weight and exercise updates post automatically). I've pointed everyone to this site because of course the first thing they want to know is "How are you doing it". I send them to my diary and then explain to them how great this site and the mobile app have been for me.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    That is so great! I've had some people tell me that I've helped motivate them. An unexpected NSV!
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT!!! I'm sure it made you feel so good to help her. Did you tell her about this site? I keep telling people about it like I'm getting paid to advertise I love it so much...LOL
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Everyone in my office is fit and lean for the most part with the exception of me and my boss. So there is no motivating anyone here lol except myself!

But it's wonderful that your tips have helped another person out :)
  • suzukigurl
    Options
    That is GREAT!!! I'm sure it made you feel so good to help her. Did you tell her about this site? I keep telling people about it like I'm getting paid to advertise I love it so much...LOL

I tell people about this site all the time, I don't think a day goes by that it doesn't come up in conversation at some point in time throughout the day. I have my posts going to facebook hoping people see it and want to join. I originally joined to support my best friend and now I use it on a daily basis :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!