Easy & Healthy Dinner Meal Prep Ideas

Options
I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for meal prepping for dinner? I am looking for meals that will fill me, are easy to make, and of course tasty! I am running into a rut meal prepping since I am a somewhat picky eater and also someone who is on a budget. All ideas are welcomed, as I am very new to meal prepping!

Replies

• whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of recipes and meal prep ideas from budgetbytes.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    You say you are picky, but did not share what you will / will not eat. I'll leave some ideas:

Roast in the crockpot with carrots, potatoes, any veggie you like really. I make this every other week and my kids and I have it as leftovers at least twice.

Chili in the crockpot is easy. Ground some beef/turkey with a packet of dry chili seasoning then add it to the crockpot with beans, tomoto juice, diced tomatoes, corn even goes well with it, etc. Can eat as chili, or over a baked potato as leftovers.

Shredded chicken in the crockpot can be used for tacos, taco salad, lots of different ways.

Tonight is taco night at my house and I'll cooked ground beef.

Every week my kids and I do breakfast for dinner - waffles, eggs, bacon or sausage, etc. I eat whatever I can fit into my calories for the day.

• teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    On Sundays when I'm prepping my lunches, I'll also prep a veggie soup or chili for the week for dinner. This week I roasted a spaghetti squash (so good and super low in calories!) for dinner a few nights this week. Other ideas:

Black bean veggie burgers (you can prep these and freeze them, just reheat for dinner)

Polenta with sauteed mushrooms and veggies

Crustless quiche

Chana masala with rice
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I mostly think of dinner as a source of protein, a starch, and a lot of vegetables, and choose whatever I like of each of those and make them into a meal, sometimes combined, sometimes as separate items on the plate.

Since you said you are picky, thinking of it like that might make it easier, and you can list foods that fit into each category that appeal and figure out which ones seem tasty together.