Cardiac rehab in the over 60 forum

Options
Yep. I’m in this age group. On a journey from 240 to 180 after a Good Friday 2019 heart attack. Cardiac Rehab team strongly recommended MFP. Now that I’m stuck at the halfway point I’m heeding their advice! Doc has me on modified Keto. Blood lipids have plummeted to less than 100. Press on!!

Any others out there in cardiac rehab?

Replies

• poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Kinda... but not really on my part? I had a stent put in back in 2012 when I reached my highest weight (213)... and was first told I had to go through rehab... I said no, I'll do my own rehab. They said fine, as long as I lost at least 20 pounds over the next 6 months. So that's when I started on my journey of healthy life-style. I've lost 50-55 pounds (it fluctuates at this time of the year), I'm back within a healthy weight range, my BMI is in the healthy range, and I'm now a food logger for life. OH, and I'm 68 now, been on this road for 7 years. I see my cardiologist once a year now, the only meds I take are one 5 mg rosuvastatin to keep my cholesterol down (I run high normal, but after the stent high normal won't cut it). So... does that count? I stay active now to make sure I don't have any other heart problems. Sooo... I WAS in self inflicted rehab, but now I'm in self-inflicted maintenance? :D
  • HowardJustice
    HowardJustice Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • HowardJustice
    HowardJustice Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I Read this again. Thanks for sharing. Good to hear from those who have been successful over a longer time. Quite encouraging. I graduated from cardiac rehab (after 4 stents) for about 12 weeks losing about 20 and focusing on cardio not weights. Goal is drop 60 lbs to 180. Eating habits of a lifetime are ext. difficult to change. This change of lifestyle maybe would have been easier in my 30s. Ha ha!