Today I did something hard, posted a 50lbs fatter profile pic

Today I updated my social media profile picture (same as one here). The only thing is the picture before was 3 years old and 50lbs fatter.

I lost 112lbs in 2011-12 through MFP but since then I've been a serial starter only to gain, and gain, and gain until it was all back on.. This time, it IS going to be different. A new plan, new MFP friends/support, and new in-person accountability. Plus a fun cruise at the end of March to look forward to!

Though I updated this fatter pic today, I look at already as a looking mirror of the past because I'm moving forward to a healthier me.

Yes, today I did something hard but I realize that accepting where I'm at, the first step to where I want to be.

P.S. Always looking for new MFP friends for support & accountability. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    The first step is usually the hardest! Good for you. You know what needs to be done as you've done it before. One step at a time! I haven't found many people on here to talk to through the journey. I think having someone to walk with daily helps a lot. Good luck!
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Thanks Gewel talking definitely helps.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Good luck Justin! I'm sure you learned a lot from your first journey and you sound completely motivated, ready to get this going. You can do it! And looking forward to going on a cruise will be good motivation for you!
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Thanks @ReenieHJ I appreciate the encouragement!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    @Justin741 There is no shame in posting pictures of being heavier. I am currently doing that myself, as I search for my "balance". I am not the cheerleader type, so I not going to be a rah rah, but know I am with you in this process and support you in my own way. Peace be the adventure.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I leave my before and after on my phone and it gives me motivation, look at it often.
  • si1993uk
    si1993uk Posts: 90 Member
    That's an amazing step!
    You got this!
    I've found coming on this everyday is very motivational.
    Everyone is so encouraging and kind.
    Your mindset is more than half the battle and the hardest part and it seems like you are passing that barrier, I'm really pleased for you and I dont doubt you will do this!
  • si1993uk
    si1993uk Posts: 90 Member
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    I leave my before and after on my phone and it gives me motivation, look at it often.

I do this!
  • Hey_Skippy
    Hey_Skippy Posts: 47 Member
    A cruise sounds like amazing motivation! You’ve got this! Friend request sent :)