MyFitnessPal and Fitbit

Options
Just wondering what Fitbit users do when they do strength training at the gym? Do you just use your Fitbit and use the steps you accumulate and let it be or do you put into MyFitnessPal how many minutes you do strength training for? I hope my question makes sense. Lol. Just leave as step count or add strength training as extra exercise? Thanks!

Replies

• nstock
    nstock Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I set my Fitbit to the weights setting while I’m working out. Those calories burned syncs to myfitnesspal
  • Feleena_Byno
    Feleena_Byno Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh nice! I don’t think mine has that option...I’ll have to investigate! Thanks!!
  • nstock
    nstock Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    No problem! It’s under the exercise category... on mine it’s the top right button, and you’ll see a bunch of different workouts like treadmill, swimming, etc!
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I manually add the duration of the session on the Fitbit app.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what Fitbit users do when they do strength training at the gym? Do you just use your Fitbit and use the steps you accumulate and let it be or do you put into MyFitnessPal how many minutes you do strength training for? I hope my question makes sense. Lol. Just leave as step count or add strength training as extra exercise? Thanks!

I had a FB Charge 2...mine had an option for "weights" in the exercise menu.