Happy Scale Questions

Options
Does the Happy Scale app cost money? It appears to be free but the app description talks about monthly and yearly subscription plans. Is it possible it used to be free and now it charges?

Also - can I input my weights from the last several months of weekly weigh-ins or will it start from the day I download it?

Finally - if you have it, do you like it? I use MFP and Fitbit apps religiously. MFP for food tracking and Fitbit for steps tracking, and they are synched. Happy Scale seemed like an interesting potential addition.

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I don't have Happy Scale, but I have Libra which is free and you can input all of your past weights. It's a bit cumbersome to do it but it's totally doable.

I am not sure if Happy Scale provides anything that Libra does not.
  • LBgetsfit
    LBgetsfit Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    You can use the free version. It just doesn’t give you as many reports but it will still store your progress and give you insight and the ability to look back. I don’t weigh myself anymore but for a while I weighed daily and logged in Happy Scale (then took my trending weight for the week and put that on MFP). It worked well for me to see that fluctuations don’t mean anything but trends were helpful to see how I was progressing.
    You can totally go back as many months as you wish and log previous weights. I did that when I converted over to the app; it just took a bit of time to enter all the data.
    Hope this helps!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I have the free version of Happy Scale and I really like it. It breaks down my overall goal into mini goals, and it’s really gratifying to see myself making progress as I hit each goal. Also, I like the line they have- even if I have days where I weight more, it calculates the overall trend.

Of course they are always trying to get me to upgrade to premium, but I imagine every app does that! The free version is great. I recommend it.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I have the free version. It’s linked to my Fitbit account and Happy scale imported all my previous Fitbit weights so I would guess you could also manually enter them if you were so inclined.

I like it. It’s a trending tool. That’s all I use it for - to smooth out the fluctuations in my daily weigh-ins.
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    e3rw2dhfa6aa.png

I love the app! This graph makes me happy.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I use the free version and I like it. I like being able to see my rate of loss. I aim for half a pound loss a week so If it’s too slow or fast I can adjust my calories. I think there’s more reporting available with the paid version which would be nice to have but I’m not going to pay for it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with the free version.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    The free version is fine. Every so often they try to get me to upgrade to the paid version, but it is not nearly as intrusive as some apps.
  • margbarco
    margbarco Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I use the free version as well. I don’t see any reason I would need to pay for an upgrade, which might be fun to see, but not necessary for my success or goals.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I've been using Happy Scale for nearly 2 years. I love it and have the free version. You can input your past weight but you have to do it day by day so it will get tedious
  • auburngirl06
    auburngirl06 Posts: 153 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I’ve been using mostly daily for 9 mos. I love it and use the free version. I have finally been freed from the weight fluctuation panic monster 😂😂 It has helped me sooo much. I log now and move on with my day and pay attention to my trend. Here’s my graph. Had a bit of an over indulgent summer haha y8m940q9h0n5.png
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I use the free version. Love it!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,058 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    I don't have Happy Scale, but I have Libra which is free and you can input all of your past weights. It's a bit cumbersome to do it but it's totally doable.

I am not sure if Happy Scale provides anything that Libra does not.

I think it's an OS issue. I'm quite certain there's no Happy Scale for Android. I suspect there's no Libra for iOS.