Weekly free meals - good or bad?

Options
I'm due for one, maybe...maybe not, tbh. The more I plan it, the less I enjoy it. Shop, prepare, cook, eat, then pay for days.

Hope you're all doing great on logging this year!

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I generally have one 'cheat', 'special' , ' off plan' whatever u wanna call it a week. I try to keep it reasonable. It can really set you back if you go totally nuts on even a semi regular basis
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I am trying to work a plan that sustains throughout my weight loss and into maintenance. With this in mind I bank calories to eat more on the weekend. I can continue to bank in maintenance. What I cannot do in maintenance is eat my calorie goal each day plus a free meal once a week. It would lead to weight gain.

I think it is important to learn how to budget your calories.

This is my system:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10735146/the-six-day-calorie-deficit-aka-banking-calories/p1
  • ecmorgan101
    ecmorgan101 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Here's how I do it, generally speaking. Works for me anyway.

For me, maintenance is roughly 3,000 calories, give or take a few.

M-F, I am at about 1800 calories. Saturday/Sunday I relax a little, but still stay under maintenance. I'll hit 2100 one day, maybe 2400-2500 the next. I still track, but with my young kids, we might go out to eat or something, and I just don't sweat it as much on the weekend.
  • OpinionatedCyborg
    OpinionatedCyborg Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I have found that deliberately increasing calorie intake for a day will jolt my body out of a plateau when I'm losing weight. YMMV