Intermittent Fasting + 1200 Calorie Diet = Not losing weight?

juliewoertz
juliewoertz Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
I started my diet a week ago with intermittent fasting from 5pm to 9am and eating a 1200 calorie per day. I started to shed a lb a day by eating healthy, logging in my calories and the foods I eat with the app. I lost 4 lbs in 4 days. For the past 3 days, I am stuck at the same weight. I'm not expecting miracles but confused with why and what am I doing wrong. If anyone has insight, I would appreciate it.

BTW - I am lightly active (injured shoulder) and walk a lot.

Replies

• juliewoertz
    juliewoertz Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you! I appreciate your reply!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I started my diet a week ago with intermittent fasting from 5pm to 9am and eating a 1200 calorie per day. I started to shed a lb a day by eating healthy, logging in my calories and the foods I eat with the app. I lost 4 lbs in 4 days. For the past 3 days, I am stuck at the same weight. I'm not expecting miracles but confused with why and what am I doing wrong. If anyone has insight, I would appreciate it.

BTW - I am lightly active (injured shoulder) and walk a lot.

1200 is normally only correct for a sedentary female.

You lost 4 pounds in 4 days but it was mostly water weight. If you weigh daily and you get a dramatic increase or decrease from one day to the next it has little to do with fat weight and it is mostly a normal body weight fluctuation. This is something to remember because the scale will uptick.

Here is an article to read:

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

You will not get daily results and you may find yourself waiting, as I do, for weeks at a time between new low weights. This is why it is important to have a daily process that you find easy because if you are miserable it can be tough if you are depending on the scale for motivation.

• calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Stick with it ... I lost 40 pounds this year with IF. I consistently lose a pound a week. I have been maintaining for a little while.