Chia seeds

Options
Would be interested to know how others are adding chia seeds to the their nutrition program. I have used in lo carb yogurt w berries and nuts for quick breakfast. Thank you. #cardiacrehab

Replies

• Sen107
    Sen107 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I add chia seeds to my daily smoothie. peanut butter, milk, protein, banana and 15grams chia
  • wi1234567890
    wi1234567890 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    A teaspoon of chia seeds into my oatmeal. I haven’t tried them any other way.
  • kzboncak
    kzboncak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have used chia seed for gut health, not so much nutrition. If I feel like my digestive system is sluggish, i mix a tablespoon in a glass of water and let sit for a few minutes, then chug.
  • yellobird13
    yellobird13 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Mostly I make Chia pudding using some kind of nondairy milk. There are many fabulous recipes online that are easy to customize. It’s a healthy treat for me.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I made overnight pumpkin pie oats and still have 3 more in my fridge. Not bad stuff and kept me satisfied until lunch. I'm new to this chia seed stuff and not sure if they're worth the cost yet. I want to try some of the pudding recipes I've found online too.
  • mathdad41
    mathdad41 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've just gotten into using them. I add them to my oatmeal, smoothies, and as a salad topper.
  • HowardJustice
    HowardJustice Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yep. I mix w various concoctions of no sugar yogurt, various milks, almonds slivered, oatmeal, purple berries, and let sit overnight. Chia expands similar to tapioca. Breakfast snack or a dessert. The dark chocolate recipe didn’t turn out too well. 🤔. And yes too many recipes on line.