Question...

Options
I heard that if you exercise in the morning and then eat breakfast after exercising that your metabolism is really going & it basically burns up what your eating. or atleast is better then eating before working out ...is this true?

Replies

Options
    I think the idea is that you burn up your stored supplies, instead of burning off your breakfast food first...the problem is whether or not you have enough energy to have a good workout. If eating breakfast gives you the energy to workout harder, I'd say that's the better option.
  • xoAmyxo
    xoAmyxo Posts: 110
    Options
    I tried eating before working out and it didn't work..made me feel "off" inside..that like i had stuff rolling around in my stomach...and i burped the whole time working out?? lol weird i know
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Well, my breakfast are pretty light and by morning- I am freakin hungry! I try to get my morning workout done before 11am.
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    If I wake up hungry I eat, then work out. If I'm not hungry I dont eat. Ether way if I run or do alot of cardio I eat something afterwards with protein in it to help my muscles recover.
  • vinlop
    vinlop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I always eat at least an hour before exercising. I feel this gives me the energy necessary to get the most out of it. Afterwards, I'll always have my protein shake. Just my routine.