New to MFP

Options
Hi!! I'm Brittany and I am 25. I am starting MFP to try to loose at least 125 pounds but possibly more than that. I know.. shocking huh?? I have actually lost 6 pounds in the month of August but lost motivation and stopped exercising probably for the last two weeks of the month. I have been loggin my food and trying to eat healthier and so far I have maintained, but I feel the weight is coming back any minute!! I have to get seriously motivated this month and need some help from you guys to kick my butt a little bit! I'm new to MFP so I obviously dont have any friends yet, but I do get inspired and motivated just reading your posts. Just like everything in life, you have to get plugged in to really get results, so I am hoping my efforts here will pay off. I do have a couple of questions for you regular MFP-er's though!

1. I am having trouble staying below my fat and protein levels each day.... protein is the one I am having a hard time adjusting bc protein makes you feel fuller for longer. Any suggestions??

2. How many calories do you calculate for those of you who follow the 30DS (Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred video) ?? My plan for the month of September is to complete this video and take measurements and weight each week to monitor my progress. I also wonder if anyone else does any other exercise video's?? I will be walking as well during this time to help loose weight.

Thanks so much for all of your help/suggestions.. and good luck to you guys on your weight loss efforts!! =)

Replies

• deisha
    deisha Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi Brittany, good luck on your weight loss. I wouldn't worry too much about being under your protein as MFP is low anyway and protein is good for you. Just make healthy choices.
    I've heard that 30DS is input as circuit training.
  • naomirog
    naomirog Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey Brittany i'm new to this too!! I got the app on my iphone yesterday so this is day two for me...however have been dieting for 1 week now with my work friend (lottywood)..we decided to weigh ourselves each thursday at boots and in the first week i lost 3pounds pheeeew!!

We have also both signed up to a 'bootcamp'...tues and thur evening and saturday mornings for 4weeks...they promise weight loss and toning sooo thought we'd give it ago!

I am looking to lose about a stone and a half..im being really strict with my diet and am also trying to go out running!

I dont know the answers to your questions im afraid as i am knew too! I will add you as a friend...encouragement always helps from others :) Good Luck!!
  • iue850dave
    Options
    It will take time. Make sure you get enough protein in your diet....;-) you can do it!!!
  • lottywood
    lottywood Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I am new to this as well. I have been dieting since last Thursday and found out about this website yesterday and am enjoying keeping track of all my foods/excercise.

I decided to do a weekly weigh in with a friend at work (naomirog - she is on here too) and have lost 2lb which has given me motivation to work harder.

I joined a bootcamp along with naomirog which we will be attending 3 times a week so hopefully that will help to shed more lbs.

Hopefully speak to some more people soon, as i feel this really helps.

Lottywood. :)
  • TheWolf77
    TheWolf77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey there, good luck on the weight loss. One thing that you can take some comfort in is that each calorie you burn is added into your daily allotment, at the same time you are given additional protein, carbs, sugars, pretty much extra of everything except sodium (that will never change).

A little more specifically you get:
    1 additional gram of protein for every 27 calories you burn.
    1 additional gram of carbs for every 7.2 calories you burn.
    1 additional gram of sugar for every 50 calories you burn
    1 additional gram of fat for every 29 calories you burn.

Getting the time to work out is not always easy, but I find that if you get a basic heart rate monitor, you can track what you do that would count as exercise. It will help keep a more accurate track of what you have burned off and once you add it all up it makes things much easier in the long run.

While I am by all accounts considered to be a carnivore, controlling protein and fats are difficult, but it can be easier when you start taking account for each of the things that you are having through out the day, and how much additional it has alloted you over all. The hardest part for me was to read labels and start to figure out what I was over doing, and what I needed to do to make changes happen effectively.

Good luck with your goals, and if you keep at it no matter what, you will get to where you want to be! :)
  • bcopeland2005
    bcopeland2005 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you all sooooo much!! Its great to get ideas and different input from you guys and so so encouraging!! Thank you all for the friend requests as ur motivation will be a great part in my success. Hope to talk to you all again soon!
  • sweetsteffie
    Options
    Hello! My name is Stephanie, I am also new to MFP infact I just signed up today! I also need friends. I started losing weight over a year ago actually closer to 2 years and so far I have lost 140lbs! I still want to lose 40lbs to reach my goal. That being said I started losing the weight with counting calories and trying to keep it under 2,000 a day. The exercise I used believe it or not was the wii game just dance 2! Now I have purchased the wii game zumba fitness and I'm hoping this will help me achieve my goal. I also bought an elliptical machine [it's a cheap version not gym quality but it's better than nothing] I don't enjoy doing it but I push myself to do it like once or twice a week. My favorite is the dancing and it is a very good workout and it's fun! And once you get set on eating a certain way and doing the exercising it kind of just becomes second nature. For me it has anyway. Maybe even like an addiction. Also I have noticed the longer I go with less food the less I want to eat. At first it was very hard and even now it gets hard and I crave sweets and fatty foods but I know if I eat it I won't want to stop! Now I try to stay under 1500 calories a day and most days I do! Chewing gum helps me with cravings. So Brittany I hope this will inspire you to keep going! If you would please add me as a friend and anyone else who reads this please add me also. :)