Fatboy workouts

Options
Hello All,

I am looking to compile some simple HIIT workout plans for the 'larger' person.

I weigh 170+ kgs and am not the most flexible.

Any help or exercise guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    May I ask why you're asking for HIIT specifically? If you're beginning to improve your fitness, it may not be the best place to start.

This^

If hiit is something you think you might enjoy, search for low impact hiit. If getting back into shape is your goal then you don't have to start there. This is a favorite low impact workout of mine. Not hiit (circuit training) and a good place to start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm0C8awjNIQ
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Just have to go off topic for a moment.
    @TeaBea, that video took me back to when I was losing weight in 2008/9 and logged (now defunct) on the ‘Prevention’ site and did the exercise routines they offered led by Chris.

@benchpressingburgers, there are lots of YouTube videos that can give you a good start.
    (If the videos are to long for you at this point in time, do what you can now, and make it your goal to progress so you can finish the whole video.)

Look at Hasfit for beginner strength training, yoga by Adrianne to help with your flexibility, and there are lots of indoor walking videos to choose from.

I agree, HIIT (in the true sense of the term) isn’t really an ideal format for a beginner, it is more for a trained athlete from what I can gather, but there is nothing wrong with doing interval training where you are alternating the intensity of your workout to give yourself recovery periods.

Cheers, h.
  • benchpressingburgers
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    If the weather where you live is suitable, outside walks are really enjoyable for a lot of people. Inside is good too as long as you are moving. Do what you can at the pace you and you will gradually be able to do more. It’s not HIIT, but it’s moving and it’s a good place to start. Doing too much too soon is asking for injury, and that’s never fun.
    Good luck, and you can do it!