Joint Discomfort

Options
I need some advice about joint discomfort. Everytime I go from jogging the top of my joint from my foot to my leg becomes very sore. I have stretched this anytime I start and afterwards. And it’s not just starting to get back into it. It starts worse when I start excerising again but then starts to improve overtime but never goes away! Does anyone have any advise on how to get the discomfort to go away? Or what I might be doing wrong. TIA

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    It could be one of a dozen different things, each with a different treatment. Best thing to do is avoid painful activity and see a doctor for advice. Following generic internet advice could make it worse. :+1:
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Are you new to running? If so, how long have you been running, how far do you run, and how often do you run?

Did you go to a running store for a professional shoe fitting?
  • nicolesnutrition
    nicolesnutrition Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You might also ask your doctor about natural support for a healthy inflammation response such as turmeric.
  • sdb2843
    sdb2843 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Apullum,
    My shoes are professionally fitted. I change them 300-400 miles or trend is wearing down. I’m newer to running right now. But I have done running in the past like 6/7 miles every couple days and it would happen sometimes but not all the time. Like I mention above when starting out they hurt and then more into training the discomfort lessens but never goes away. I don’t know if there is a way to stretch them or if it’s more massaging the joint.