Females 50 with 50+lbs to lose

Options
I lost 45 lbs on MFP years ago. After gaining some back ( though I never reached my official goal) I started this account 3 years ago and didn't do anything with it. Now I have the fire in me I wanted back then. I have 58 lbs to lose and I just hit 50 years old. I am searching for females to connect with for support who are 'around' 50 and need to lose 45+ pounds I love encouraging and motivating people and really hope for a nice group so we can band together. One of my fb friends said this today "."It's not hard when your goal is doing what's best for your body." I love that so I placed it on my profile. It's not just pounds I want to lose, it's being healthy...weight will drop the healthier I get! Have a super productive day and best wishes for the new you...we've got this!!!

Replies

• lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am 46 with 70 lbs to lose... the struggle is real! I, too, am looking for women with lots to lose! Let's do this!
  • stacy15diet
    stacy15diet Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I need support and encouragement. I am 54 and so hard to lose weight!
  • stacy15diet
    stacy15diet Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow this is amazing! How do you keep your momentum?
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I hear you on How do you keep your momentum. I get up every morning all positive that today will be the day just to blow it after supper. Help.
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I just turned 57 lost 55 and have about 80 to go. Feel free to add me. I lost motivation during the holidays. Luckily I only gained around a pound and am trying to restart again
  • Newport1997
    Newport1997 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 and don't recognize my body anymore. Need to lose 45 lbs. I read an inspirational quote yesterday. "Do something today that your future self will thank you for." Hoping we can keep each other motivated on this journey.
  • One_Eye_Blind
    One_Eye_Blind Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I’m 56 and have been struggling with a rare autoimmune disease for 15 years. It damaged many organs and left me blind in one eye. During the illness I was in incredible pain which definitely dissuaded me from exercising. My highest weight was 343. For the past 20 months I’ve been on a healing journey. I started at 307 lbs size 4x. I am now at 189.4 lbs and 1x. I would like to lose another 55 lbs. I feel soooooo much better now! And I can exercise again which is so freeing! Currently I’m in love with Zumba and Pilates with a little HIIT thrown in.