Finally taking care of myself.

Options
2020 is my year to finally put myself first. After helping my mom through her kidney transplant in early 2019, I've finally had enough of feeling the way I do. I'm 29, 5'4" and 205lbs, I finally went to the dr and was diagnosed with HPB and psoriatic arthritis. I will be starting injection therapy in a couple weeks and would like to also change my eating habits as well. Some days I can hardly walk because of my back and I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. I'm hoping a lifestyle change will help my pain, my depression and anxiety. Going to the dr was a huge step for me because I always put myself last, but hopefully this year I can make some significant changes. Any tips, encouragement is welcome and appreciated

Replies

• sbreinke
    sbreinke Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Take one day at a time and have a plan when you lose weight to keep it off. That is where I failed.
  • belugabear8485
    belugabear8485 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well done for making that first step and putting your health first. Keep us updated on your progress :)
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Please do put yourself first. If we don’t take care of ourselves, we can’t help others. I’m sure your Mom will cheer you on as you did for her.
    I’ve noticed that when I am eating non-processed foods and exercising (usually walking), I feel better. It is a battle for me to put my needs first, especially at meals. I do not want to go out to eat unless it is a special occasion. I want to eat fish or chicken and veggies for dinners.
    We can do this!!!
  • lgrix
    lgrix Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wishing you success on achieving your goals. You can do this!