From Alcoholic to Athlete!!

Options
I have lost a total of 54pds and maintained sobriety through fitness. Just wanted to reach out and see if anyone else is on this same journey.

Replies

• jdaniels115
    jdaniels115 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I want to be! You're inspirational!
  • benfitz0912
    benfitz0912 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! It was a tough road but life is soo much better now!
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of 54pds and maintained sobriety through fitness. Just wanted to reach out and see if anyone else is on this same journey.

Awesome job man!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Trying...I've been into this whole diet and fitness thing for over 7 years now. All of that is in order save for my drinking. I'm an alcoholic who ironically eats really well and exercises regularly. I go through streaks of sobriety and then fall off the wagon. I go to AA meetings, although not religiously...but I go on streaks there too.

I just joined a new gym and I'm going every evening to either spin or lift during the week. I do ok during the week with the drinking thing because I don't usually get home until around 7 and then I hang out with my kiddos until they go to bed and I'm in bed by 9 or 9:30 usually so I only have to make it a couple of hours. Weekends are rough though. I usually road ride our mountain bike, but that only takes up so much time.
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Trying...I've been into this whole diet and fitness thing for over 7 years now. All of that is in order save for my drinking. I'm an alcoholic who ironically eats really well and exercises regularly. I go through streaks of sobriety and then fall off the wagon. I go to AA meetings, although not religiously...but I go on streaks there too.

I just joined a new gym and I'm going every evening to either spin or lift during the week. I do ok during the week with the drinking thing because I don't usually get home until around 7 and then I hang out with my kiddos until they go to bed and I'm in bed by 9 or 9:30 usually so I only have to make it a couple of hours. Weekends are rough though. I usually road ride our mountain bike, but that only takes up so much time.

Maybe the positive changes you make with your health and fitness will spill over into your recovery too.
  • Alia_R
    Alia_R Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Going on 7 months dry and ever since I quit cold turkey, I just feel overall better with myself. Now I can’t stand the smell of it and I find it quite repulsive.
  • luaP852350
    luaP852350 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

Nice one 💪!!!