Protein breakfasts please

Options
I'm trying to increase my protein & have moved from overnight oats to 2 eggs on toast.
I don't have much time on a morning (proper cooked breakfast is out of the question) but I am looking for additional ideas. I'll consider adding protein powder to recipes but not sure how to calculate how to do this

Replies

• s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to increase my protein & have moved from overnight oats to 2 eggs on toast.
    I don't have much time on a morning (proper cooked breakfast is out of the question) but I am looking for additional ideas. I'll consider adding protein powder to recipes but not sure how to calculate how to do this

Hello. I'm not sure of your tastes and diet considerations, but I make a scramble (add to a whole grain tortilla for burrito) consisting of eggs, turkey/chicken or veggie sausage with some cheese and add some black beans at times.

I will supplement mid morning with a protein powder, almond milk and chia seeds.

yogurt can help quite a bit too.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My wife makes a variety of different egg bakes that usually include veggies as well and sometimes ham or some other kind of meat. She will make a casserole dish worth on Sunday and we just portion it out and reheat for breakfast throughout the week...it usually lasts through Thursday unless I decide I want something else. She makes different one's every week so we don't get bored.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    I don't care for protein powder in actual recipes. I do love it in smoothies:

5uk89hl8oxtf.png
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    For an egg based breakfast, I often do a 2 egg vegetable omelet (it's reasonably low cal if you don't cook in a bunch of oil or butter). If I want to bump the protein I have cottage cheese or plain greek yogurt on the side.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    5qxuah2p2fgq.png

Note, that's kilojoules, not calories. Calories = 314.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    My breakfast every morning is nonfat Greek yogurt, fiber cereal, chocolate protein powder, and chocolate PB2. As I make it, it’s just under 300 calories, 40g protein, 13g fiber.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I eat instant oatmeal cooked with 6oz low-fat milk and 4oz greek yogurt added afterward. That gives 28g protein.

I also add nuts and berries, but it's up to you at that point.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Morningstar Sausage (veggie) patties.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I've been making Kodiak pancakes ahead of time and then heating one for breakfast with my coffee. I have sugar free syrup and turkey sausage links to add if I want extra yummies. Sometimes I'll have a veggie corndog or hard-boiled or scrambled egg.
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    17 g protein breakfast- avocado toast, 2 slices. Could bump up with added veggies and nuts, or yogurt.
  • justanotherguy2020
    justanotherguy2020 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    g2renew wrote: »
    17 g protein breakfast- avocado toast, 2 slices. Could bump up with added veggies and nuts, or yogurt.

I’ve been doing avocado test every morning this year and it’s super satisfying! Sometimes I top it with boiled egg whites for a protein boost!
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    If you like overnight oats, you could just fortify it with extra protein ingredients. 15g of chia seeds, milled flax and hemp hearts are what I use. I also add a scoop of protein powder. My overnight oats are ~23g protein in ~350 calories, depending which flavour I make.
  • nhenryoliver
    nhenryoliver Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Fab ideas here. Thank you as I’m not getting enough protein too.
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I add egg whites to my oatmeal to up the protein content
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Kodiak pancake mix made with egg whites instead of water, whatever add ins you like, made in muffin tins and refrigerated or frozen until needed, then microwaved.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Well, I got a disagree on my post. To each their own.

I suspect there are many accidental cases of scrolling-thumb-itis—I know it’s happened to me!
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a food bar with about 10g protein in the way out the door to the gym or office, and then some greek yogurt at the office. Comes to a decent protein %for the calories.