Not Hungry Today...

Options
I've been eating so much these last few days, (healthy). I am not very hungry today yet.... Should I force myself or just eat when I'm hungry?

Replies

• katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I would say to eat when you're hungry except if you think you need some fruits or vegetables to stop yourself from getting sick.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I would prob. try to get something small that is just higher in cal ( peanut butter , almonds or any other nuts)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    some days you just won't be as hungry as others!!! maybe you have a day off and just aren't moving as much, maybe your body is burning off other stored fat for fuel, or whatever. don't force yourself to eat something if you don't want to.

however, so you don't get shakey or dizzy, maybe eat an apple or something healthy.
  • Leanne1795
    Options
    I am the same today. Try just eating little and often. :)
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    you body needs the food in order to keep your metabolism up. Drink lots of water. dont drop below 1200 calories a day, especially if you are working out. otherwise your body will eat away at your muscle
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Depends on your history. If this is just a fluke, like one day out of 365, it's not worth worrying about. If you've been on a VLCD for a long time and thrown your hunger signals out of whack then it may be a different story. Private diary.. impossible to tell.

When in doubt, eat anyway. It almost always the right answer if someone's asking.....
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    One day isn't going to hurt if you undereat, but don't make it a habit.
  • oxlypglozzxo
    Options
    How do I make my diary public? And I always have problems with appetite because I just had heart surgery in May and I am on two different blood thinners, a beta blocker, allegra for my allergies, and xanax for my anxiety.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    My Home -> Settings -> Diary Settings (scoll to the bottom.. Diary Settings).

Hope you are doing well after your operation. I don't have first hand experience with the effects of strong medication, but anecdotally, I know some can really mess with appetite. For this reason, it may be beneficial to pre-plan what you will eat each day and just stick to the plan. That's pretty much how everybody should be starting out, whether they're on medication or not.

Using myself as an example, I'm on a pretty regular eating schedule. When "feeding time" comes along, I'm not always hungry, but I eat anyway. I hit my calorie target as closely as I can every day, and my results are very steady and predictable.
  • oxlypglozzxo
    Options
    I just feel like eating my calorie goal is making me GAIN weight. I exercise almost every day. I have always been called "bird" from my family since I was a little girl. I pick at stuff. But when I found myself eating more junk then healthy, I decided it was time for a change so I got more involved in MFP. I'm trying to plan my food out, and trying to find what works for me but it is hard when I work 6 days a week and take care of my daughter. I'm always on the go. I need to stop making excuses and get healthy.... Weight gain or lost. Were there any tools you used when planning your diet out? I wonder if a nutritionist is covered under my insurance.