Plant-based Whole Foods Journey Friends

Options
PBWFconvert
PBWFconvert Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2020 in Introduce Yourself
I know everyone these days is doing keto and I have done it, too. Successfully. However, I started having serious knee pain. It progressed to buying a cane at Thanksgiving. December 12th I started PBWF on the recommendation of a cardiologist friend. My knee pain subsided in 5 days! No joke. My skin has cleared up & I’m losing weight, too. I am blown away and a true convert! I’m looking for friends for support and to support - to share our tips & tricks, too. I hope to hear from other PBWF followers.

Replies

• Abby369852
    Abby369852 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Abby369852
    I too have done Keto, and several others like Atkins....And also have had knee issues this past year... Mostly due to weight ofcouse, but Gout does present anouther issue... Balancing ones diet to accomodate health issues for me is definately tricky.. but YES, I have had to change my diet to a more accomodating one... None-the-less i was still having problems getting the weight to start coming down.. Walking etc.. was out for me with a damaged knee and flair-ups.. so i joined a Water exercise class (3x week for 1hr) and I stay over an extra 30minutes to simply walk-laps in the pool.. My knee and joints are healing and becoming more flexable.. I can walk now . Something I'D been unable to do for years without pain, huffing, and puffing.. My heart function has improved dramatically and i have lost a small amount of weight..