what do YOU do?

Options
just curious as to what kind of exercise routine you do? i typically do workouts and stretches from my fiance's MEPS training book, which includes: the bend and reach, rear lunges, forward lunges, the squat bender, high jumper, the rower, windmill, prone row, bent-leg body twist, push ups, verticals, laterals, overhead arm pull, extend and flex, thigh stretch, single-leg over. i also go for walks and do housework. (having a two month old really puts a damper on a lot of exercise routines for me.

<3

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    strength training and cardio
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I do DVD's in my home. When my kids were smaller I could put them in a swing and workout. Some of my favorites are Turbojam and Turbofire.
  • carolineJ82
    carolineJ82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba 2/3 times a week and swim once. I have used up a lot of energy the last 6 weeks as my 5 year old has been off school and I also have a 2 year old so they have kept me on my feet!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Options
    Currently I am doing jazzercise 3 days a week, it's an amazing total body workout and fun!
    I also do salsa dancing two nights a week.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    P90X...finishing round 2 today...start Insanity on 9/12...can't effing wait...
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Right now I use Exerbeat and EA Active Sports 2. I find I'm doing 2-3 hours per night since it's enjoyable and the time just flies by.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Zumba for cardio --- step and strength classes -- cycle --- my gym has tons of options and I love the group fitness thing.
    I get bored out of my mind at home and don't do it... if I miss a class at the gym, there are people who ask me where I was -- so it keeps me accountable.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    P90X...finishing round 2 today...start Insanity on 9/12...can't effing wait...

Congratulations!!!

We do P90X, Insanity, and the Spartacus workout from the Men's Health magazine.
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I go on walks twice a day during my 15 minute breaks at work. Sometimes I do another longer walk (20 mins) at home in the evening. On rainy/icky days, I do Pilates or yoga.
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    c210k every other day with the 30 day shred on those days

off days p90x and weights
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    i am currently on the C25K and will finish it this time...
  • outersoul
    Options
    strength training and cardio

This. I lift 3 days a week and run about 4 days.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Swim, bike, run + crossfit.

Here are my August totals for a better idea of what I do.
    August's totals:
    Bike: 13h 22m 19s - 248.89 Mi
    Run: 8h 06m 18s - 49.69 Mi
    Swim: 11h 36m - 28349.64 Yd
    Crossfit: 3h 08m 08s
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Swim, bike, run + crossfit.

this except no crossfit. sorry I dont have totals.

I dont really exercise anymore. I just train to race.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Just finished a 6 week Bowflex plan.. taking a week off then I plan on doing 6 more weeks of a different plan, but still 3 day a week thing... after that 6 weeks I'll do a 4 days per week plan.. with some cardio activities in between. I plan on biking a lot more and will hopefully start running. My goal is to be able to complete a mud run, like Tough Mudder next year.
  • Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I ride my bike and walk. Some light running, crunches, pushups, etc. Bike and walk are the main things.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    weight lifting circuits (pulls, presses & lunges or squats) every other day. walk/jog around the track with chin ups, pushups and moutain climber circuit after each lap every other day
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Finished a round of Insanity and currently doing a P90X/Insanity Hybrid. I like the structure of having a scheduled workout for the day.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Currently, I do P90X. Works for me because there's a set routine for everyday and I can do it from home. Not sure what I'll do when I'm done with my current 90 days.
  • lp0007
    lp0007 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I run 3x a week and do a DVD like jillian michaels or turbo jam once a week. Oh, and does running around after patients at work count??:wink: