Birthday dinner/dessert... suggestions??

Options
My birthday is next week and it's on me to decide what to have for dinner and dessert... of course I'm perplexed. Ideas??

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Anything ya want.. it's yer b-day.. enjoy
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Assuming I wasn't worried about calories, sodium, or any of that stuff, I would like Chinese for dinner: salt and pepper tofu, veggies in black bean sauce, fried rice. A big piece of chocolate cake for dessert--lots of icing, please.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Applesauce. With strawberries. Mmmmmmmm
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti and angel food cake. ;)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    For my birthday last month we had roast beef, baked potato, and an unmemorable vegetable and dessert. I remember wanting German chocolate cake; cannot recall why I didn't get it.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Are you going out to eat or cooking? Go for whatever you are craving, have fun! Mine is on Sunday and I already eat everything I want so I have no clue either. We were supposed to go out but had to cancel due to the weather. I would have had wine, oysters, steak, gnocchi, fries, rapini and some type of dessert. I also can't figure out a cake I really want. Maybe someone will buy me a dozen donuts and put candles on those! :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'd go to our local steakhouse and get the 12 ounce ribeye that is freaking amazing.

And cheesecake. Always cheesecake.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti and angel food cake. ;)

ha!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to try Black Forest Cake, so that's my vote for dessert :D For dinner I think I would ask for steak fajitas.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,562 Member
    Options
    @apullum stole my meal! I'd go to Chinese food at Fats then have a huge piece of chocolate cake with ice cream. If I had to choose for someone to make me something I'd choose my brother's smoked salmon (he smokes it all day with apple wood) with grilled garlic artichokes, zuchinni, and summer squash. Then I'd have my chocolate cake and ice cream.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want! Some days are meant to have the calorie counter turned off and your birthday is one of them! I'd definitely go for an Outback Blooming Onion, Baked Potato, Steak, and chocolate cake (no icing) with vanilla bean ice cream. And a breakfast of biscuits and gravy.
  • Blooperss
    Blooperss Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday and enjoy the yummy foods! Birthday calories don't count, if anyone forgot to mention it to ya!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,610 Member
    Options
    Pavlova is easy and festive. You can replace half the volume of sugar with Splenda if you are worried about calories. I cut down cream calories by mixing half whipped cream with half no fat yoghurt. At this time of year use peeled sliced pears garnished with mint leaves instead of berries.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pavlova_53849
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Because I know you all care (sarcasm), I narrowed it down and requested a hodgepodge of all my favorite things. Primarily appetizers... potato skins, mozzarella sticks, quesadillas, shrimp ceviche, beef carpacio, and jalepeno poppers. Chocolate pudding cake for dessert

Hey it's your birthday and I'm definitely down with the cake. Enjoy
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Pavlova is easy and festive. You can replace half the volume of sugar with Splenda if you are worried about calories. I cut down cream calories by mixing half whipped cream with half no fat yoghurt. At this time of year use peeled sliced pears garnished with mint leaves instead of berries.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pavlova_53849

Nice choice of desert @acpgee, but it is her birthday and she should not be cooking🎂 !
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want on your bday. Enjoy it.

All I really want is a great meal followed by Tiramisu.