Creatine HCL

Hi guys!

Have any of you had good results with creatine HCL???

sijlwkyqtduu.jpeg

I am increasing my workout intensity and frequency including strength training and am looking for the perfect supplement to assist me.

Replies

• fuzzylop_
    fuzzylop_ Posts: 100 Member
    Unless monohydrate gives you an upset stomach, i'd stick to the much less expensive creatine monohydrate.
  • Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    fuzzylop_ wrote: »
    Unless monohydrate gives you an upset stomach, i'd stick to the much less expensive creatine monohydrate.

do you recommend the monohydrate due to effectiveness? I am just legit curious if this was worth my cash lol. I have never actually tried any creatine yet. The person at the store recommended HCL saying it has less side effects.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    I've always used the monohydrate version, personally.

Creatine works in a big way for me. I can be exhausted and done, rest 2 to 3 minutes, and pound out another set, with good form. On the bike, very high intensity feels slightly less so, and I recover more quickly from it.

Creatine has been subject to lots of academic scrutiny. It's not snake oil.

Creatine exists in fish, red meat, and poultry. I'm a vegetarian. Not everybody responds to it as a supplement, everybody I know personally do it didn't work for eats a lot of meat, and probably gets plenty of creatine naturally through their diet.
  • fuzzylop_
    fuzzylop_ Posts: 100 Member
    edited January 2020
    Rayanne203 wrote: »
    do you recommend the monohydrate due to effectiveness? I am just legit curious if this was worth my cash lol. I have never actually tried any creatine yet. The person at the store recommended HCL saying it has less side effects.

monohydrate has been studied the most. I'm not saying the fancier variants are less effective (i don't believe that), but merely that the advantages are quite situational, particularly if you are patient and just use maintenance doses to slowly raise your levels instead of doing the loading phase some people do.

examine has a decent summary of the science

https://examine.com/supplements/creatine/
    https://examine.com/nutrition/what-is-the-best-form-of-creatine/