50 Somethings

Johnk942
Johnk942 Posts: 109 Member
I am wondering if any of my peers are interested in doing this together? I am a 56 year old father of 3 adult children. My oldest son recently reached his goal weight through a combination of diet and exercise. He has me inspired!

Replies

• Imatrekkie
    Imatrekkie Posts: 17 Member
    Hi, John! I just passed through the 50's on my way north ;) Please feel free to add me! I've got quite a few friends on my list in their 50s and beyond :)
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Hi!! I turned 50 in June. Always looking for people who can let me know if I am slipping up and when I need encouragement plus I can do the same back.
  • SpinforCals
    SpinforCals Posts: 112 Member
    Hit 50 in May. Welcome to the club they say!
  • bettyboo1966
    bettyboo1966 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi,I’m 52 and feel free to add me 😁
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    I turned 50 in January. Feel free to add me.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    54 here. Feel free to add me.
  • leslieh4567
    leslieh4567 Posts: 4 Member
    I am 52. It’s a little harder to lose as you get older. I also have 3 adult children. They encourage me. We all can do this! Go 50’s club! Lol
  • cpersico930
    cpersico930 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hi. 56 - three adult kids and those creeping pounds have creeped too far! I’m drawing the line.
  • eIIekay
    eIIekay Posts: 164 Member
    I am 50 and I have 2 adult children. They have good habits and are encouraging me. I don't know why this is so hard, but it is.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,240 Member
    edited January 2020
    In in John 57 3 adult children 4 grandchildren, 2 dogs, 2 cats oh and a husband😀
  • nlynndavis
    nlynndavis Posts: 4 Member
    I am 50 and want to feel good again! 5 pounds down since 1/2/2020 but it feels like 754 pounds to go....😜 Good Luck everyone. Fee free to add me. Very few of my local friends are active right now.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Just turned 50 myself. No kids but a lovely husband of 16 years, and loads of plants. LOL! It's getting harder to lose the weight, but I'm ready for the new decade of my life to be healthy and strong. Exercise is not my problem, but delicious food is. Feel free to add me but include a bit about yourself and what your goals are.
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    I'm almost 59, and I've been here for 5 years, but it's always good to find new friends in my age range! I keep my friends list smaller, though, only friends who actually interact with me. I'm married, 2 grown kids, house full of dogs, whole foods plant based (but my friends eat all different kinds of diets) and always struggling to maintain.
  • I turned 50 in October! I am committed to getting my health and fitness in order to live my best life
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I turned 50 in June, found MFP in my early 40s and been in maintenance coming up on 7 years. Wishing you all every success :smile: , personally I find maintaining weight takes work as much as losing so I can't slack off either.
  • NowGettingFit
    NowGettingFit Posts: 23 Member
    57 and trying to get fitter. Still some pesky pounds to shift and would prefer more muscle. 3 children, 1 still in university but all back home. Feel free to add me.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    55 here, been at it since last April. Went from Obese Class II to Normal Weight BMI...still a few to go before maintenance, but never thought I would get here this fast. Just don't give up, it's a frustrating journey at times but so worth it!
  • 4newrunner
    4newrunner Posts: 85 Member
    I will be 52 this year...I'm a relatively new runner and a new cyclist.....feel free to add me..
  • jyarring
    jyarring Posts: 38 Member
    I'm 51 and trying to stay fit...I had kids later in life and have two elementary aged boys who I'm trying to keep up with. Feel free to add me.
  • NowGettingFit
    NowGettingFit Posts: 23 Member
    Tweaked my lower back which is making running painful. Still pain is just weakness leaving the body isn't a