Anyone just looking to gain and not bulk, body build, etc?

Options
Hi guys!

I’m looking for support and others who are trying to gain from losing weight in an unhealthy way/ manner and I’m having trouble finding people to connect with. This is the only sub forum for weight gain and every time I go on here it’s mostly all about bulk and body building.

So...anyone else here just looking for weight gain/restoration? Looking for support and open diaries, ideas, etc.

Replies

• fitnessguy266
    fitnessguy266 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I’m looking for support and others who are trying to gain from losing weight in an unhealthy way/ manner and I’m having trouble finding people to connect with. This is the only sub forum for weight gain and every time I go on here it’s mostly all about bulk and body building.

So...anyone else here just looking for weight gain/restoration? Looking for support and open diaries, ideas, etc.

You meant "healthy/way manner....right?
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I have seen some posters around here that have been trying to gain weight because they are underweight. I hope some will come jump in this thread.

I would mention though that I still think that a lot of the advice for body building and bulking can be helpful for weight restoration, especially with regards to weight lifting as you gain weight. Even if you are less concerned with adding fat than some of the bulkers are, trying to add some muscle mass as you recover is an important thing, as if you lost weight unhealthy, you likely lost a good amount of muscle too. You can build that back up as you recover. So I strongly recommend that you look into some of those suggestions.

I think you could also lose something from the controlled way in which they usually do their bulks. While it may seem like a good idea to just eat whatever you can get your hands on if you are trying to recover your weight, that may not be the right move as it can just lead to other unhealthy associations with food and binge eating. So trying to do a controlled weight gain with proper amounts of protein would benefit you just as much as a bulker.
  • dallsop417
    dallsop417 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I’m in a similar situation as I lost a lot of weight due to an injury that stopped me being able eat for a year. I’m now trying to gain the weight back, which is hard as I’m a “hardgainer” so it’s disheartening that I had to struggle to get weight I want just to lose it all and start again.

I think you might come across some issues if you don’t want to bulk/bodybuild. Simple way to gain weight is to eat more calories than you use each day but if not working out then this will become fat and normally just around the stomach and not rest of body. To spread the weight around your body you will need to do some type of exercises to work the muscles, but this would of course burn calories so would need a higher calorie intake.

If trying to gain weight, but not very active, then best to eat healthy foods that are high calorie and high proteins: nuts, avocados, eggs etc.
  • Manga23
    Manga23 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was underweight.......I need to eat a lot to maintain. I'm lean build and very active. I'm not a heavy weight lifter but I'll do strength training 3 times a week and cardio 2 times a week.
    I had this strange idea that I needed to lose weight and strength training to get lean muscle......but that was not right.....I needed to bulk. I can eat much more then I thought I could eat. Finally I'm getting results. Muscles are growing, I'm getting stronger and I feel much much better.