cant lose a pound

Options
hello i am a 60 year old great grandmother who has a great deal of weight to lose .been fasting for about a month ,first 2 weeks fasted 16 hours a day no weight loss ,went to 18 hours fast still no lose now 19 hour fast day 4 nothing so far .hope joining my fitness pal i could get the scale to move

Replies

• Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    No matter the type of diet selected, it all comes down to calories expended. Have you input your stats? It will give your daily calorie goal to follow.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,104 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^
    This.

Fasting without making sure you are in a calorie deficit won't achieve anything.
  • Bri_ree_13
    Bri_ree_13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Count your cals. That’s all to it. Don’t fast. That’s the worst you can do to tour body
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Agree with the others. You could fast 23 hours a day, but if you are eating over your maintenance in calories during the hour you do it, you will not lose weight. Stop with the fasting (or at least stop expecting it to cause weight loss), determine how many calories you need to eat to lose weight (MFP will calculate this for you) and start weighing/measuring and tracking every single thing you put in your mouth.